Blood glucose monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patanya

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I am a type 1 diabetic. I use blood glucose sensors and from time to time a blood glucose monitor as a safety check. My very old MediSense Optium Xceed has now come up with strange error messages that I can’t overcome. I think I need a new one! Does anyone have any recommendations? I have loads of Freestyle Optium test strips but don’t know of another monitor that uses then. My current one is very easy to use so would like sth similar if possible. Thanks

I would have thought you would get your monitor and test strips on prescription so perhaps request one saying your existing one has become faulty.
Unfortunately strips are not transferable between different monitors.

Hi thank you for the replies. I found another one in a drawer and think it’s the one that went with my sensors so am charging that one now.?just out of interest do most people just use sensors now and not do finger prick tests? I’ve had some problems with sensors not being accurate on occasions so like to periodically check.

I found another one in a drawer and think it’s the one that went with my sensors so am charging that one now.?
Yes, that should work fine. It's what I'm using for my test strips.
just out of interest do most people just use sensors now
Mostly, but I do a test strip once every few days just to make sure the sensor is still about right. And now and again if the sensor reading doesn't feel right. And at least once on the day after starting a new sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back