Blood glucose meters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa O

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Firstly, just want to say hey to everyone!
feels like i've neglected this site for a little while!

just wondered which are the best blood glucose meters to use at the moment.

ive got the accu chek nano xx

Hi Lisa nice to see you back, im really boring and have a freestyle lite that i have had since diagnosis, its easy to use and very dependable its never let me down yet..Somebody abit more cooler then me will be along soon im sure lol 🙂

Carol just uses the ones she's been given by the DSN. OneTouch Ultra 2 and OneTouch Ultra Easy. She has tried another one (can't remember which), but wasn't bothered to change over to that one. So when the 10 strips were gone, that was it.

Hi Lisa nice to see you back, im really boring and have a freestyle lite that i have had since diagnosis, its easy to use and very dependable its never let me down yet..Somebody abit more cooler then me will be along soon im sure lol 🙂

We can be uncool together then. I really like my Freestyle Lite, as you say it's reliable. It lives in my backpack so I always have it with me at need. I wouldn't want to swap it for another make. I got given a free Bayer Contour II, but couldn't get on with it at all.

well I have a accu chek nano and one of the new accu chek mobile I got when I went on the DAFNE in September.

Optimum Xceed as it tests for Keytones as well (although you need to re code and use a different kind of strip) We were given this at Dx and have two now (one in school bag one always at home) We have been given other freebie ones and K wanted to use the One Touch Ultra Easy (its pink) but our DSN keeps 'forgetting' to put the strips for that one the prescription, so we have got the message now 😉

Alternatively, someone less cool! :D

I have always liked my bayer contour (non-usb) which was given to me when diagnosed last year.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back