Blood Glucose Meters - PC cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Another question folks!

One of the problems we're facing at the moment is that Ross has two blood meters - one stays at school, one at home. This would be workable *if* either someone at school (a member of staff) or Ross would record the numbers for us somewhere.
We haven't had a meeting yet with the DSN in school as the SENCO is still stuck in the USA (even though the volcanic ash is long gone....). So this would be something I'd bring up with them and have set into the care plan.

But....I'd be far happier if he kept his meter on him (entirely possible) and it was a meter we could plug into the PC when he gets home so we didn't have to record it all manually.

So....does anyone have any recommendations for particular meters?

I know a great deal will be dependent on what our DSN can offer us but what the heck, we can always ask for the bg meter equivalent of the iPhone! 🙄

I know the bayer contour USB u can use with the pc, you literally plug it straight into the usb port in your computer. My hospital have not yet got any in yet but i think they are about ?25 to buy but someone correct me if i am wrong.

I think there is also a thread about the bayer contour on the general message board somwhere 🙂

D_G

x

Excellent! OH has just said he'll willingly pay ?19.99 to cut down the added hassle of recording.
And we can get the strips on prescription.

Good stuff.

Right, another thing to put on the list for the DSN on Tuesday. 🙂

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
Excellent! OH has just said he'll willingly pay ?19.99 to cut down the added hassle of recording.
And we can get the strips on prescription.

Good stuff.

Right, another thing to put on the list for the DSN on Tuesday. 🙂

Thanks for the advice!

Ah thats great, hope it all goes well for you 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back