Blood Glucose levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnarob

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My blood glucose is thankfully coming down. However, what is the average blood glucose reading before starting medication? My levels were 16.8 non fasting and 10.6% hbAic when first diagnosed last Monday. I was as high as a kite and feeling very stressed.

I start on the increased doze of Metformin tomorrow 1000mg/day - 2 tabs.

Donna

It is great news your levels are comming down.

Are you having any side effects with metformin? Lots of people get windy or have lots of toilet visits, these are quite normal and subside after a while.

Hi Caroline

The doctor has started me on one 500mg the first week to prevent side effects. However, I start on another 500mg tomorrow so will wait and see what the outcome will be! Any advice on when best time to take the pills to counteract repercussions! Has anyone suffered from any weird side effects other than the usual cramps and running to the loo?

Donna 🙂

When I was on metformin I took it with the meal (I think I took two, so that was one with breakfast and one with the main meal).

Fortunately, I had absolutely no ill effects whatsoever. But I understand that there is a slow release version which helps if you do get the unfortunate side effects.

Hi Caroline

The doctor has started me on one 500mg the first week to prevent side effects. However, I start on another 500mg tomorrow so will wait and see what the outcome will be! Any advice on when best time to take the pills to counteract repercussions! Has anyone suffered from any weird side effects other than the usual cramps and running to the loo?

Donna 🙂

Take it with or after your meal. I paid the price a couple of times for taking it without eating. I also find if I have it even now with too much carb I get the unfortunate side effects...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back