Blood glucose levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jane58

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi can anyone give me suggestions on how to lower my blood glucose levels. It’s always around 10. I have totally lowered my carbs and walk daily. How long does it generally take to get the numbers down ?

Hi can anyone give me suggestions on how to lower my blood glucose levels. It’s always around 10. I have totally lowered my carbs and walk daily. How long does it generally take to get the numbers down ?
There's no real timescale as it depends on a number of factors. Reducing carbs is part of the solution, along with exercise, weight loss (if needed) and medication. How low are you going with carbs?

There's no real timescale as it depends on a number of factors. Reducing carbs is part of the solution, along with exercise, weight loss (if needed) and medication. How low are you going with carbs?
Usually about 60 grams of carbs

Have to try lower it myself. I have gallstones so dr won’t put me on any meds until I get the gallstones removed

As an ordinary type 2 I lowered my glucose levels as soon as my intake of carbohydrate reduced - I ate none at all for a couple of days.
There are reserves which need to empty out a bit, I suspect, but if that starts to happen and blood glucose levels begin to fall faster as normal metabolism starts to return you could get false hypos, which feel rather weird but usually resolve quickly.

As an ordinary type 2 I lowered my glucose levels as soon as my intake of carbohydrate reduced - I ate none at all for a couple of days.
There are reserves which need to empty out a bit, I suspect, but if that starts to happen and blood glucose levels begin to fall faster as normal metabolism starts to return you could get false hypos, which feel rather weird but usually resolve quickly.
Hi.... can you give me a idea of a carb free diet meal planner for 3 days or so if you have time id be very grateful. im finding it hard to cut back on carbs. i have lost a stone 4 lb. another stone and ill be my ideal weight. will this also help. I wondered also if im not moving enough, maybe a walk isnt enough exercise. I really want my levels down i dont want to be put on meds. In July last year my HB1AC WAS 50 in January it has shot up to 63.

Hi.... can you give me a idea of a carb free diet meal planner for 3 days or so if you have time id be very grateful. im finding it hard to cut back on carbs. i have lost a stone 4 lb. another stone and ill be my ideal weight. will this also help. I wondered also if im not moving enough, maybe a walk isnt enough exercise. I really want my levels down i dont want to be put on meds. In July last year my HB1AC WAS 50 in January it has shot up to 63.
I don't know of any carb free planners - most low carb plans include some carbs from low carb options - I eat mushrooms, stirfry, low carb vege mixes, mixed berries, and I started off with a HbA1c of 91 which fell to 41 in 6 months.
I found the last edition of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution useful for making small changes in daily intake, but I think that my regime would be stricter than you require as you are starting off with lower numbers.

Really low carb isn't necessarily a good idea...it can increase insulin resistance

Has your HbA1C gone up from 53 to over 60 whilst you have been following the 60g per day carbs as that really seems like a carb level that should be sufficiently low to reduce blood glucose. I wonder if you are misinterpreting the carb information and looking at the 'sugar' rather than the total carbs, apologies if that is not the case but some people do.
Are you weighing your portions of higher carb foods as again it is easy to underestimate if just guessing.

I don't know of any carb free planners - most low carb plans include some carbs from low carb options - I eat mushrooms, stirfry, low carb vege mixes, mixed berries, and I started off with a HbA1c of 91 which fell to 41 in 6 months.
I found the last edition of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution useful for making small changes in daily intake, but I think that my regime would be stricter than you require as you are starting off with lower numbers.
Thank you- take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back