Blob of insulin after an injection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanielsmum

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Anyone else have a surface blob of insulin after an injection? Am I doing something wrong? I count 10 after I've injected as instructed...

Hi and welcome

Did you do an air shot first before injecting. What I find is that the air shot can leave a drop of insuli which runs down the needle and puddles around the base of it which then runs down the needle and onto your skin when you inject into yourself and then leaves that droplet on the surface.
Or
If you find it happens more often when you inject into your thighs it may be because the muscles and tissue are taut in a sitting position and that tension/pressure forces some of the insulin back out as you withdraw the needle, in which case, try injecting when your legs are stretched out as that might solve it. It will only be a very tiny amount of the dose so don't worry too much but if you can find a way to avoid it that doesn't inconvenience you too much, then worth trying.

Thanks for replying. Yes, I do an air shot . Perhaps that's the reason. I only inject into my stomach... it's taken a lot of persuasion from the diabetes nurse to get me to do that and I don't think I could inject into my thighs. You guys who have double injections are my heros.

Thanks for replying. Yes, I do an air shot . Perhaps that's the reason. I only inject into my stomach... it's taken a lot of persuasion from the diabetes nurse to get me to do that and I don't think I could inject into my thighs. You guys who have double injections are my heros.
The more injections you do the easier it gets.
I went out for a very special occasion last night (brother's 70th) Chinese buffet and it took 7 injections just to tame that meal without the rest of the day's insulin jabs. You don't think twice about it after a while.... although that many yesterday was an all time record for me! 5-6 per day is the norm.

I'm the total opposite. I do it into my thighs and gave trouble doing it to my stomach. I managed once and felt like never again lol. Think I might have to get over that one if I manage to get on a pump. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back