Blisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeSugar :|

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I was just wondering what the best thing to use is to stop blisters as where I work I'm on trolley duty most days now so means I'm on my feet walking about loads and now I've got blisters on top of the blisters that were just healing haha what should I be using? Would moisturiser help?

Are you wearing shoes that fit properly? I mean, if they're regularly giving you blisters, it suggests that they either need more breaking in, or they're too tight/lose.
Can you try wearing a pair of thin socks under your normal ones and see if your boots fit better then? I used to do hill walking and would have a thin pair of cotton socks on first, and a bigger pair of wool socks over them. This is the sort of sock I'm thinking about. Not sure how true the "blister free" in the listing is, mind you.
As for the blisters you already have, I'd use something like compeed or micropore tape over the top of them, though you'd need to check that your not allergic to them, and that they're not causing any problems with your feet.

Yeah they fit they are a bit worn out though so maybe I'll get some new ones? And I could try wearing am extra pair of socks that might help and I only normally wear 1 thin pair of socks and I don't have any of them normal plasters around will they not be fine without plasters as the blisters aren't massive they're just small ones I've got tomorrow of work too so maybe I can rest it and they'll heal up

If they're boots you're wearing for work, you could try and see if work would pay for them as they're part of your job. If you're pushing trollies, you could say you needed steel toe cap ones, and ask for work to provide them.
They may say no of course.
Hope your feet are feeling better soon, Sarah

If they're boots you're wearing for work, you could try and see if work would pay for them as they're part of your job. If you're pushing trollies, you could say you needed steel toe cap ones, and ask for work to provide them.
They may say no of course.
Hope your feet are feeling better soon, Sarah
I am meant to be wearing boots they did give me steel toe caps but they give me worst blisters and I pretty much can't walk in them haha so I sneak my shoes in and thanks 🙂

The essential thing is you have well fitting shoes or boots with socks without seams.
But I made the mistake of putting blister plasters on blisters that had burst on my fingers, what a mess. I ended up seeing the nurse at the surgery and they put some Atrauman impregnated dressings on then a protective dressing on the top. They healed really quickly after that.
I think blister plasters may be ok if they are not broken. You do need to be careful of infection though.

Personally I find Compeed really good for helping blisters to heal and stopping further rubbing, which it sounds like you are getting if you have blisters on blisters. It's always a good idea to put them on at night before you go to bed. I believe they are impregnated with a healing substance as well as providing protection. The warmth through the night without any friction enables them to adhere really well so they are secure for the next day's work.

The essential thing is you have well fitting shoes or boots with socks without seams.
But I made the mistake of putting blister plasters on blisters that had burst on my fingers, what a mess. I ended up seeing the nurse at the surgery and they put some Atrauman impregnated dressings on then a protective dressing on the top. They healed really quickly after that.
I think blister plasters may be ok if they are not broken. You do need to be careful of infection though.
Yeah that's all I'm worries about really is infection so I'll try the sock thing see if that works the shoes are good I think any smaller and they'd be too tight and Amy bigger they'd be too big

Personally I find Compeed really good for helping blisters to heal and stopping further rubbing, which it sounds like you are getting if you have blisters on blisters. It's always a good idea to put them on at night before you go to bed. I believe they are impregnated with a healing substance as well as providing protection. The warmth through the night without any friction enables them to adhere really well so they are secure for the next day's work.
These were my fingers after using the Compeed plasters. Self inflicted blisters from ringing church bells for 3 hours without stopping, I was in so much pain, I nearly fainted when I stopped.

Attachments

• SAM_4475.JPG
    SAM_4475.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 6
I am meant to be wearing boots they did give me steel toe caps but they give me worst blisters and I pretty much can't walk in them haha so I sneak my shoes in and thanks 🙂
If you don't tell them, I won't 😉.
Hope you get it sorted.

Unfortunately if you have an accident and you are not wearing the safety shoes you should be doing, you won't have a leg to stand on even if it wasn't your fault. I do agree safety shoes aren't the most comfortable in the world.

These were my fingers after using the Compeed plasters. Self inflicted blisters from ringing church bells for 3 hours without stopping, I was in so much pain, I nearly fainted when I stopped.
Yikes! I hope you got the peal after all that. Always a worry if it's a peal or quarter for a special occasion, you do not want to be the one who goes wrong or asks to stop, you feel you are letting the rest of the band down.

Yikes! I hope you got the peal after all that. Always a worry if it's a peal or quarter for a special occasion, you do not want to be the one who goes wrong or asks to stop, you feel you are letting the rest of the band down.
Exactly which is why I carried on as it was a peal to mark the 40th Anniversary of the foundation of the Open University Society. I vowed never to ring a peal again, not that there has been much chance recently. I'm not into all the remote ringing that many people do seem to have been doing. Where did you ring, I think you said you don't ring any more.

Jesus that looks painfull my feet aren't nearly as bad

put gauze over blister, then us the plaster you cut from a strip. Dont be shy put quite a few strips on. Repeat over other blister sites. You really should make sure your boots fit and are broken in properly before you canwear them plaster free. Soak your feet in a bowl of hot water and T.C.P. Pat feet dry and moisturise where you can. Look after your feet or you could end up losing them!!

If the safety boots are rubbing, they are a bad fit.
Depending on the spec of PPE required, have you looked at safety trainers?
Your company should still be obligated to provide these for you, even if you have to source them yourself if the boots the company have already provided cause you discomfort, yet alone injury.
As to the blisters, I find plasters sort mine out, simply to stop the rubbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back