Blister on my calf

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmymumu

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
For the second time in 12 months, I have a random water-filled blister on my leg. I've not knocked it or anything. It isn't painful or red. Is this diabetes-related? My blood sugars are fairly well controlled unless I have an infection or an off day. My diet is well maintained, but I know there's always room for improvement. I avoid sweet things and try to keep the carbs to a minimum.

For the second time in 12 months, I have a random water-filled blister on my leg. I've not knocked it or anything. It isn't painful or red. Is this diabetes-related? My blood sugars are fairly well controlled unless I have an infection or an off day. My diet is well maintained, but I know there's always room for improvement. I avoid sweet things and try to keep the carbs to a minimum.
It's hard to say, @jimmymumu , but my advice would be to have someone appropriately qualified to check it over. I'm thinking GP, or practise nurse, perhaps.

Better safe and all that.

Pease get it checked out ASAP as I had one shortly before my ongoing foot problems started. As a diabetic they should do Doppler and ABPI (ankle brachial pressure index). Feeling pulses is insufficient - a DSN said mine were fine six weeks before I was diagnosed with PAD!

If you can take a picture of it and send it to your surgery then somebody could look at it and assess the urgency or get it checked at your pharmacy.

This mine after it burst! Indentationdvare from the dressing District Nurse applied.

IMG_20211115_110401~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back