Blind diabetic aims to help others by setting up club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
LIFE has dealt Christopher Mackenzie a series of cruel blows, and at the age of 48 he has been unable to work for the last five years.

But he is not downhearted and hopes to help other people by setting up a club for people who ? like him ? suffer from complications of type one diabetes.

Christopher, of Lytchett Matravers, said: ?I can?t work, I?m blind, bored and I can?t do anything. I would like to do something for people who are middleaged with diabetic complications.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...betic_aims_to_help_others_by_setting_up_club/

Sounds like a very positive man in the face of adversity, I hope his efforts are successful 🙂

Pretty accurate description of T1 at the end, although curious to see the addition of "It can also lead to connective tissue problems such as carpal tunnel syndrome" :confused:

Very sad story though- diagnosed in the 70s without the modern management tools and education that we ( at least in theory) , have now- so I certainly doubt his complications are all down to self neglect
I wonder how conducive working at places like Tesco are for having decent control- odd shifts,management probably intolerance of people needing a few minutes here and there for diabetes management tasks, probably emphasis purely on avoiding hypos and hence running high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back