Bleeding sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pam123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i put a new Libre on yesterday and I bled through the centre hole it stopped after a few seconds, the it came on after the hour it went to low BS 3.8 I knew it was wrong checked with finger prick 6, this carried n all evening while we were out not alway in the red but crawling on the bottom line 6 alarm calls between 2.9 and 3.4 over night finger pricks around 5.9 I turned the alarm off in the end I just wondered if this could be down to it bleeding.

end I just wondered if this could be down to it bleeding.
Probably not. I’d give it 24 hrs after application to settle down then phone abbot

I sometimes had sensors like that. They’d read persistently and stupidly low for the first 12 to 24 hrs and then settle. Mine weren’t related to bleeding so I agree it’s probably a coincidence.

Nearly all of mine bleed to some extent through the centre hole and need blotting for a minute after application, but it doesn't cause any problems with it functioning. I always apply mine at least 12 hours before i activate it to give it time to bed in and settle down before I get any readings from it. Some people apply a new sensor as much as 48 hours before activating it, to allow it to settle down before it starts giving readings.

If it continues to read low, the likelihood is that the filament got kinked in the application process. Did the sensor snag on the applicator as you lifted it away and perhaps pull it a little too much when the adhesive was still fresh?

Probably not. I’d give it 24 hrs after application to settle down then phone abbot
I already phoned them and they said they would send a new one out I've not removed it yet but it's still reading really low

Nearly all of mine bleed to some extent through the centre hole and need blotting for a minute after application, but it doesn't cause any problems with it functioning. I always apply mine at least 12 hours before i activate it to give it time to bed in and settle down before I get any readings from it. Some people apply a new sensor as much as 48 hours before activating it, to allow it to settle down before it starts giving readings.

If it continues to read low, the likelihood is that the filament got kinked in the application process. Did the sensor snag on the applicator as you lifted it away and perhaps pull it a little too much when the adhesive was still fresh?
My hubby puts them on for me he said everything was like normal apart from the bleeding,I didn’t realise you could put a new one on before the old one ends thank you I will do that next time

I already phoned them and they said they would send a new one out I've not removed it yet but it's still reading really low
Remove it and put a new one on then. No point your time in range saying you’re low all the time. If you don’t have any spare until it arrived take it off and fingerprick until it arrives.

My last Libre kept telling me I was low and the finger prick said it wasn’t. Had quite a lot of orange juice by the time I checked blood sugar so then you get the rebound high a little later. As the Libre are testing in a different way it’s never going to be exactly the same. Sometimes you have to go with how you are feeling, if you are still lucky enough to have hypo awareness!
I’ve had bleeding through centre of sensor once and it still worked ok amazingly. Haven’t ever felt the need to put a new sensor on early. I prefer a little break in between as all this tech can sometimes be overwhelming.

My last Libre kept telling me I was low and the finger prick said it wasn’t. Had quite a lot of orange juice by the time I checked blood sugar so then you get the rebound high a little later. As the Libre are testing in a different way it’s never going to be exactly the same. Sometimes you have to go with how you are feeling, if you are still lucky enough to have hypo awareness!
I’ve had bleeding through centre of sensor once and it still worked ok amazingly. Haven’t ever felt the need to put a new sensor on early. I prefer a little break in between as all this tech can sometimes be overwhelming.
I know what you mean with all this tech stuff its stressful at times, I decided to give this sensor 48 hours, thats up at 6pm today, over night it was in the red most of the time, but finger prick before gong to sleep was only 0.2 out bit of a shock, turned the alarm off while asleep, then this morning checking before insulin it was only 1 out so i am hoping its going to settle down, I know its never going to be the same as finger pricks but this has been a new experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back