Bleeding Sensor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
No it's not yours truly having another rant about Libre2 and Android 24 but it is about an actual bleeding sensor!

As some of you I decided to have a break from the signal and data loss issues a few days ago. Today I decided to put on a new sensor as I am out tomorrow and finger pricking would be awkward before lunch. Anyway I applied the sensor in the usual way but had a weird sensation and realised there was a slight trickle of blood. I swiped the phone over and there was no response. A few minutes later the bleed stopped and the sensor responded. Readings are about 1 lower than the finger ,but otherwise things seem pretty normal. Has anybody else had this? I assume it is OK to leave things as they are?!

A few times on the bleeders. Normally on the palm of my hand after application & giving an extra push to? Then running my finger round the edge. Not had an issue with the actual sensor or off readings.

Most of mine generate a spot of blood leaking out of the centre hole, but think I have only had one that made a tiny trickle down my arm and very quickly stopped with a bit of pressure. I didn't have any issues with it or any of the others that spotted.

Not sure if you are aware Mikey, but many of us apply a new sensor a day before we intend to use it to give it longer bedding in time and that often makes the readings more reliable from the start, but 1mmol lower than a finger prick (mid range) is about normal for my Libre and BG meter, neither of which are accurate of course, so whilst we go by finger prick as being more "reliable" I can't say which of my 2 readings are closer to the true value.
Hope you have a lovely meal out.

I had to replace the Sensor (so no spare now) as it appeared to fail totally mid-afternoon. Before lunch time it started needing multiple scans because of Scan Error, then after having no readings for a few hours but scanning every 10 - 20 minutes it became a Sensor Error and finished with Replace Sensor! Doh! 🙂

Screenshot_20240330-162951.png

Last edited:
I had to replace the Sensor (so no spare now) as it appeared to fail totally mid-afternoon. Before lunch time it started needing multiple scans because of Scan Error, then after having no readings for a few hours but scanning every 10 - 20 minutes it became a Sensor Error and finished with Replace Sensor! Doh! 🙂

View attachment 29824
Report it to Abbott and they’ll have a new one out after the bank holiday

Will do as my GP practice assumes you only need one prescribing every 14 days!
You do only need one prescribing every 14 days. Any replacements come from Abbot.

Will do as my GP practice assumes you only need one prescribing every 14 days!
That’s standard across the NHS. The view, quite rightly I think, being that the taxpayer shouldn’t have to bear the cost of faulty sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back