Bleeding Libre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I was replacing my Libre 2 sensor this morning and as soon as I put in the new one it started to bleed. It looked really bad so I removed it immediately and covered the wound with Elastoplast. Luckily I had another sensor at home and put that into the other arms. Weirdly, a few drops of blood appeared there too, but nowhere near as bad as the first one, and it stopped in a minute so I left that sensor in. I have been using Libre only since June but never had anything like this before.
Is it all right that I left the second sensor in place even though it was bleeding a bit?
Why did the first one bleed so much? I applied it the same was I always do. Does this just happen sometimes?

It looked really scary but it probably wasn't serious at the end. A wasted sensor though.

Thanks,
Attila

Some do bleed. It's just one of those things. You did nothing wrong. It's fine to leave second one in place, as long as its reading ok. If its not, contact abbot for replacement.

Mmmm, do you think it may be sampling blood glucose rather interstitial fluid if it bleeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back