bleeding in my left eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone, I woke up monday morning and could,nt see through my left eye properly all i could see was red patches and streaks that looked like they were about 6 inches in front of my eye.I went to the infirmary and saw a nurse who immediately rang the opthalmic clinic at the main hospital and they said it was a bleed due to new weak vessels forming around the laser treatment that i have already had done.Anyway the outcome was i have to wait 2 days for the bleeding to stop and my vision to return to normal.Well as normal as it is after the laser treatment.The eye clinic is then going to ring me with an emergency appointment to get it looked at.The eye clinic said it was no good going on monday because if i could,nt see out of my eye properly they wouldnt be able to see in to it properly.Apologies if this post has ended up attached to the bottom of another post.Iam new to computers and more or less useless using one.So could somebody tell me how to start a new post.Would be much appreciated.

Hi Whitty, I have moved your post to a new thread in the General messageboard. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your eye - that must be very distressing. I hope that they are able to elp you on your next appointment. Try not to worry, I know it must be hard.

hi whitty sorry to hear about your eye u can imagine it is quite distressing considiring how important they eye is to us i do hope they can sort it for you .

Diabetic retinopathy can be either non-proliferative or proliferative. Non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy is described by small areas of bleeding, leakage of fluid, along with some blood vessel irregularities and lipoprotein deposits occurring in the retina. It usually does not affect vision unless diabetic macular edema occurs. In diabetic macular edema leakage of fluid builds up in the area of the retina responsible for your central vision resulting in blurred vision. In-office laser surgery can help.

In proliferative diabetic retinopathy, abnormal blood vessels grow in the retina. This is a very dangerous situation as these vessels may rupture, bleed and scar. The bleeding and scarring can lead to retinal detachment, glaucoma and loss of all vision. Fortunately, an in-office laser surgery can, in most cases, also correct this problem. The procedure can be repeated if necessary.

just found out a little bit it might not even help but here it is anyway lol xx^^^

Hi Whitty,

Sorry to hear about your eye...it sounds scary! At least the hospital are aware & have a "plan" though. Fingers crossed you get the appointment soon & they are able to sort things out for you.

All the best,

Twitchy

New thread

Hi Whitty

If you go to the General Message Board screen, there is a tab top left to create a new thread
Best wishes🙂

I'm sorry to hear about your eye whitty. Please try not to worry too much about it, hope you get that appointment asap xx

Hi Whitty..

Sorry to hear about your eye...Hope it is soon better and that appointment comes through as soon as...Take care..

Heidi
xx🙂

Hi, I hope your eye is better and you got it looked out. It sounds pretty worrying, and you did right in getting it checked.

HI Whitty I hope you are ok and you get sorted out soon . 🙂🙂

Hi Whitty,

I'm sorry to hear about the eye, you must be understandably concerned, but you did the best thing in getting it looked at, as with many things, the quicker it is looked at, the quicker it can be fixed 🙂
Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back