Blasted Metfartin Grrrr......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezzz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Please brace yourselves for a rant.

As some of you have read I hate Metformin..... Grrr....

I have been a good boy and my numbers (BG, BP and weight) have all come down since diagnosis in March this year. My BMI is now in the normal range. Now I'm 3 weeks and a bit into becoming smoke free.

Well things came to a head recently.... Metformin makes me fart, uncontrollably. The ones I hate the most are the super concentrated ones. I was in the pub and nearly got thrown out.... again!

That was it. I snapped. I was mad as Yosemite Sam!

Well, I've decided to reduce to one Metformin a day. My doctor wanted me to stay on 2 a day. My feelings are 'Bo&&ocks'. I can't stand it much longer.

So far my BG has not changed, I am walking more now and with some good tunes on the ipod I can walk even faster and further.

I want to one day come off the dammed things completely, even if it means a restricted diet. My carb intake is slowly coming down along with the weight.

If the BG numbers climb I'll go back on the dammed things. I'm determined to win this one. If Dodger can do it then so can I.

Rant over.

Tez, you've done terrifically well and clearly very well motivated- wishing you every success!:D:D

Good Luck Tez , Go For It !! :D:D Come over to the dark side ( Low Carbers )

Hi Tez....you've done achieved amazing things over the last few months...very motivated...well done...just remember your in control of your diabetes...:D

On the wind side of things...I might be wrong here but I think fennel can help with this

Heidi
xx🙂

Good for you for trying it out even though the doctor said stick to 2 pills! sometimes we know best :D Goodluck Tez, hope you manage to come off them completely.

Thanks for all your replies everyone!

Tez, you've done terrifically well and clearly very well motivated- wishing you every success!

Thanks Northerner.

Good Luck Tez , Go For It !! Come over to the dark side ( Low Carbers )

I'm on my way to the dark side Addict... Patience is a virtue...

Hi Tez....you've done achieved amazing things over the last few months...very motivated...well done...just remember your in control of your diabetes...

On the wind side of things...I might be wrong here but I think fennel can help with this
I've heard of Fennel tea.... will have a mooch around the health food shop in the lanes. I get very good advice there...

Good for you for trying it out even though the doctor said stick to 2 pills! sometimes we know best. Goodluck Tez, hope you manage to come off them completely.

That's the intention Katie.

Well done Tez especially with the no smoking. I also came off the metformin due to farting all the time and have followed a low carb diet.
I feel better, my BG results are better and the air around me is better.

Please brace yourselves for a rant.

As some of you have read I hate Metformin..... Grrr....

I have been a good boy and my numbers (BG, BP and weight) have all come down since diagnosis in March this year. My BMI is now in the normal range. Now I'm 3 weeks and a bit into becoming smoke free.

Well things came to a head recently.... Metformin makes me fart, uncontrollably. The ones I hate the most are the super concentrated ones. I was in the pub and nearly got thrown out.... again!

That was it. I snapped. I was mad as Yosemite Sam!

Well, I've decided to reduce to one Metformin a day. My doctor wanted me to stay on 2 a day. My feelings are 'Bo&&ocks'. I can't stand it much longer.

So far my BG has not changed, I am walking more now and with some good tunes on the ipod I can walk even faster and further.

I want to one day come off the dammed things completely, even if it means a restricted diet. My carb intake is slowly coming down along with the weight.

If the BG numbers climb I'll go back on the dammed things. I'm determined to win this one. If Dodger can do it then so can I.

Rant over.

Dear brightontez,

That's the spirit, if an old dodger like me can do it - so can you. Go for it. BTW it was for very similar reasons that I gave up Metfartin 12 years ago!

Warmest Regards Dodger

good for you tez go for it i dont happen to get wind just shoulder pain but your doing fab x good luck

Good luck with it, although the smelly windy symptoms do settle after a while. Also good for the digestive system are ginger and mint. You can get them both as infusions from most supermarkets and health food stores (with the normal teas, shops own brand cheaper, but twinings is a good make). They certainly help wth upwardly mobile wind, so may even help with it going the other way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back