Blasted Hypo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Haven't had one of these in yonks, but I was down to 3.1 an hour ago and feeling really rough. I had some toast and honey and now I'm 3.9. Should I eat some more or leave it a while longer? And who am I asking, you're all in bed!

Haven't had one of these in yonks, but I was down to 3.1 an hour ago and feeling really rough. I had some toast and honey and now I'm 3.9. Should I eat some more or leave it a while longer? And who am I asking, you're all in bed!

i hope you feel better this morning alison 🙂

I was indeed in bed! I can't remember what meds you are on currently Alison, after your new diagnosis? Hopefully, the T&H was enough and you didn't drop low again, although I would have expected you to be higher after an hour. I was 3.2 just before bed so had a weetabix and 3xJB and felt comfortable on that without needing to test again - but I am more used to how my body reacts than you. I would have probably had something else if still at 3.9 after an hour. What are you at this morning?

Hi Alison hope your levels are alot more stable today .x

I feel like I have a bad hangover, but my bloods are up to 7.4 now. I took another slice of toast and honey to get me over four though and another hour too. As hypos go, it wasn't a really bad one, but I'm not used to being that low and felt truly awful. I spoke to the doctor this morning and he's halved my dose of Sitagliptin for the next week or so and we'll see how that works. It's actually a good sign that my bloods are getting down to acceptable levels again I suppose, I'd just forgotten how horrible it feels.

Glad that your levels are better today. I hate having hypo's especially if it's been a while since having one it can be quite a shock to the system. I hope that the change in medication helps improve things for you x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back