Black seed oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen999

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Anyone heard of black seed oil? I've been told it's supposed to be good for reducing blood sugar levels

Anyone heard of black seed oil? I've been told it's supposed to be good for reducing blood sugar levels
There is quite a bit on the internet about it being used medicinally for a whole variety of conditions, it has a variety of names and is used in Asian cooking or hair preparations etc. Whether it reduces blood glucose I would be suspicious as you probably wouldn't be able to have enough of it to do much good.
The seeds look like onion seeds, and I suppose the oil is an extract from those.

Yes, it’s recommended as being good for many things. I have no idea if it is though, and I suspect it’s just the latest trendy thing.

In my opinion there is no ‘superfood’ or ‘just sprinkle this on’ that really works for controlling blood glucose levels.

There are so many claims, and almost none of them are ever backed up by proper scientific research. And all of them have a price tag.

But the promise of just being able to carry on eating whatever you like and adding something that will make it all fine is so beguiling. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back