Black circle after Eyelea Eye Injection

janderson127

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello all,

I've been getting Eyelea injections for about 5 months and sometimes after the shot I get air bubbles in my eye that are kind of clear and have small black whispy lines.

Today, after my injections in my left eye I got a very solid black circle that is filled in in the lower left of of my vision. It tracks with my vision when I look around. If I'm laying down flat on my back, it's all the way at the bottom of my vision.

Has anyone experienced this? My Doctor has always said I could get air bubbled but this one is worrying me since it's such a solid black and hasn't went away in about 7 hours. Thank you!

Hi @janderson127 I've been having eye infections for about the last 7 years at the DMO clinic
so kind of know what your experience ing at the moment.

yes what you are experiencing although initially worrying, it is quite normal,
sometimes I don’t get them sometimes I do
Im no expert bit I think personally it’s all down to how patiently the consultant whilst the are injecting
plus how relaxed we are when they perform the procedure,
the black beads as I call them will disappear (most likely by the morning) but last time I had one it actually kept reappearing up untill about 30 hours after the procedure

I find before the totally disappear it seems to float to the bottom of my vision,
but then once standing up and moving head they re-appear

I hope the Eyelea does the trick for you
my next appointment just come through
I’m currently having scans and injections (as needed every 4 weeks)

Hi @janderson127 I've been having eye infections for about the last 7 years at the DMO clinic
so kind of know what your experience ing at the moment.

yes what you are experiencing although initially worrying, it is quite normal,
sometimes I don’t get them sometimes I do
Im no expert bit I think personally it’s all down to how patiently the consultant whilst the are injecting
plus how relaxed we are when they perform the procedure,
the black beads as I call them will disappear (most likely by the morning) but last time I had one it actually kept reappearing up untill about 30 hours after the procedure

I find before the totally disappear it seems to float to the bottom of my vision,
but then once standing up and moving head they re-appear

I hope the Eyelea does the trick for you
my next appointment just come through
I’m currently having scans and injections (as needed every 4 weeks)
Thank you for your words!

When I got the first initial clearer air bubbles it wasn't so bad, this one is just so solid and dark and it's causing me a lot of anxiety.

That's what is happening to me too. When I lay down it floats all the way down to the bottom of my vision but sitting at my computer, looking at my phone, or walking around it is right in my vision and very scary. Thank you!

Thank you for your words!

When I got the first initial clearer air bubbles it wasn't so bad, this one is just so solid and dark and it's causing me a lot of anxiety.

That's what is happening to me too. When I lay down it floats all the way down to the bottom of my vision but sitting at my computer, looking at my phone, or walking around it is right in my vision and very scary. Thank you!
when I get them (which is only occasionally)
my wife insists I put down the iPad / phone and totally relax which probably isn’t bad advice TBH
but sometimes I feel any that relaxes me helps

I once the next day woke and found I had a series of three black dots
that were spinning in circles around my eye

felt like I was tripping on LSD (not that I’ve ever tried that) got a taxi to hospital and walked into eye casually, but they just did a retinal scan / looked at my eyes in detail then sent me back home, having said it was probably just air, that was the worst I’ve ever been after the treatment, but I’m thankful for the treatment to help prevent the further swelling
I now only get one eye treated as my left one is fingers crossed normal now

Back