Bit to much to drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Self inflicted - I don't normally drink but last night from 7 pm to 2.30 am this morning (I'm normally in bed by 10.30pm) I had 5 small glasses of wine and then finished of with a VAT!! (I did also manage 3 glasses of water as well in between)

Is this really naughty when on insulin? I'm on day 6 of injections.

PS I have a hangover today 😱 and don't thjink I'm going to be able to get of the couch and will have to make my husband a slave for the day..lol..xx

It's not necessarily a problem drinking when on insulin. Alcohol will push your levels up quickly, and then they will probably drop just as quickly. This is because when the liver is processing alcohol it doesn't put out glucose (which it would normally do throughout the day and night, hence the need for insulin even when you're not eating). Because of this, there is the danger of hypoing when on insulin and it's recommended that you eat small carby snacks whilst drinking.

Looks like you survived though🙂 If you do it again, have a slice of toast or something before bed, just to be on the safe side. Hope the hangover was worth it!:D

We all over indulge sometimes and pay for it afterwards. I hope the hang over wasn't too bad.

My over indulgence this week was a big bag of vanilla fudge from M&S. Now I'm having to eat all the boring vege and have plain water or tea with no milk in it for a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back