Bit of a daft Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chezpez

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I was wondering when wearing the libre sensor, can a full sticky plaster stuck over it, make it not read the libre correctly. Just coz several times now it has said my glucose is well in the teens and when tested against a blood finger prick it's been in single figures! They are new different sticky plasters I've not used before, I know it's daft but hey ho , what do you guys think?

Hi,
Probably makes no difference that’s just Libre 🙂 I use a few bits of micropore tape on mine when I fit a new one, remember instructions say not to cover the hole though.

Hi,
Probably makes no difference that’s just Libre 🙂 I use a few bits of micropore tape on mine when I fit a new one, remember instructions say not to cover the hole though.
Oh my I didn't realise you shouldn't cover the hole!! ‍♀️

I can’t imagine why a plaster would affect the sensor accuracy. All my libra sensors, bar one, have always matched my finger prick test very well. These patches (https://amzn.eu/d/3a4inw4) work well for me to keep the thing in place.

Is it a new sensor just started?

I have found Libre good for readings in the green, when out of those less so, especially if levels are changing quickly then will often get error message whilst it tries to catch up, but that’s fine you just get used to it 🙂

Is it a new sensor just started?
No it was my old one, just changed it today after 2 wks. The new one is accurate and I decided to not put the circle sticker on it j( that was on the old one) ust a small plaster. Maybe it's just a coincidence but it's working better

Oh my I didn't realise you shouldn't cover the hole!! ‍♀️
That’s mainly to allow your skin to breathe, probably won’t affect the accuracy of the sensor. We were sticking Tegaderm over Libre sensors for months before we found out about not covering the hole!

That’s mainly to allow your skin to breathe, probably won’t affect the accuracy of the sensor. We were sticking Tegaderm over Libre sensors for months before we found out about not covering the hole!
Ok thanks, I'm not gonna cover the hole from now on

I was wondering when wearing the libre sensor, can a full sticky plaster stuck over it, make it not read the libre correctly. Just coz several times now it has said my glucose is well in the teens and when tested against a blood finger prick it's been in single figures! They are new different sticky plasters I've not used before, I know it's daft but hey ho , what do you guys think?

You absolutely can! Makes no difference. I literally sometimes scan mine over my clothes when I'm wearing a t-shirt and hoody. It works through my thick winter coat, too.
It was embarrassing how long it took me to realize I didn't have to get my bare arm out every time haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back