Bio Flow bracelets

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince13

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Has anyone any pros or cons for these ? An "acquaintance" whom I've met through a fitness class I attend mentioned them to me today as being helpful for high blood pressure, controlling/lowering diabetic levels etc. As she "sells" them I'm sceptical or am I being nasty ? 😱

Hi there ive no experience with them but id just say be careful you already sound sceptical, does she use it or does anyone else she knows?, so then at least you could get some feedback from them as to weather it is any good or not.

Has anyone any pros or cons for these ? An "acquaintance" whom I've met through a fitness class I attend mentioned them to me today as being helpful for high blood pressure, controlling/lowering diabetic levels etc. As she "sells" them I'm sceptical or am I being nasty ? 😱

Can you smell that my nose is twitching, i know what it is its bulls**t. Ask her to give you one for free trial for two months and see what she says then. I am sceptical and im nasty at times.
gail

Just looked at their website and they seem to make a lot of non-scientific statements sound very authoritative and the BMJ clinical trial they reference, actually concluded that the results could have been due to placebo effect and were therefore inconclusive.

As you say, she sells them and needs to make them sound good. Which they may be for certain osteoarthritis conditions but certainly not for diabetes or high blood pressure.

But well done to her for trying hard 🙄:D

Rob

Thank you folks. You have strengthened my resolve to say "thanks but no thanks" if/when she mentions it again !

I had looked at the Bio-flow website and found lots of "relief for arthritus" type comments but just wondered whether anyone on our Forum had been told that it affects diabetes for the better - not that I could see it would in any way but it just shows how people can get you thinking, even if you're a tough old bird like me.........😱

Without any other reference I'd be sceptical too. If they were that good places like Boots and Superdrugs would be selling them.

They have something in common with the fella who re-soled my boots...

Cobblers!

I dont know about them helping blood pressure or diabetes but I am have been using a magnetic leg band on my horse who sustained a tendon injury in August, she had a very swollen leg and within 24 hours all the swelling had gone, I Mentioned this to my vet last week when he came to scan it to see how it was healing and he was amazed at how good its looking, he said that although there is no real evidence magnets work he is sure it helps in the healing as it increases the blood flow and circulation. I always think if something works on an animal there must be some truth in it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back