Big Toe... Oh, oh, oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
My left big toe is feeling really odd. It seems to be hypersensitive, not painful but if someone, say the dog touches it I jump as if I've been hit by lightning. It's such a weird sensation. No pins and needles or aches and pains, or anything like that, just really weird. Any ideas, I'm stumped and a little concerned?

You've not broken it, have you? You can be my broken toe buddy if you want! 🙂

Nope.:D I know what that feels like, I once dropped a piano on my foot!😱

My left big toe is feeling really odd. It seems to be hypersensitive, not painful but if someone, say the dog touches it I jump as if I've been hit by lightning. It's such a weird sensation. No pins and needles or aches and pains, or anything like that, just really weird. Any ideas, I'm stumped and a little concerned?

Ally, I had a sensation like that for a few months after I was diagnosed - no problems, but if I happened to touch the bare toe against something unexpectedly I would flinch away immediately. This disappeared eventually and now it doesn't happen at all, so it may be a transitory thing. As levels improve post-diagnosis your peripheral nerves can become more sensitive, then they settle down as you become gradually used to better levels.

Well, that's what happened to me! I do sometimes get extremely sharp shooting pains in my big toes - like a darning needle has just been pushed about an inch in - and it normally happens when I'm trying to get to sleep. I don't worry about it too much though.

How are your shoes? When I need new shoes my feet are murder to have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back