Big Dipper Weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

am64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
The Big Dipper Weekend 2010

We are looking for volunteers throughout the UK and Northern Ireland who are willing to join in The Big Dipper Weekend.

From Good Friday (2nd April 2010), through to the end of Monday 5th April 2010, we are aiming to have people up and down the country testing each and every drink purchased over these four days. This will let us get a firm insight into what is happening throughout the UK over any given period of time.

What do I need to do?

We are looking for people who are willing to buy a pot of Bayer Diastix. These are urine testing strips, that test liquids for glucose. They retail at between ?5.00 and ?7.00 from most good chemists. We are asking that people buy these over the counter.

To join in, we ask that you test each and every soft drink you buy, write down a few facts, and email your results to us here at DiDkA. It shouldn't take you very long, but it will be invaluable to us in the long term.

How can I sign up?

Send us an e-mail to contact.didka@mail.com , and let us know where in the country you're located. We'll email you out an information pack, showing you how to test, and the facts that we need you to send us.

or post your results here and we will pick them Up !!!

Have fun folks....we are doing this as evidence research to take to retailers of drinks to support this campaign ...!!!🙂

Have made the results page a sticky for everyones ease. I'll unstick it Tuesday.

You're welcome, it benefits everyone in the end as it helps to raise awareness. I even bought some dipsticks just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back