BG rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

WendyB61

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have done well since diagnosis 18 months ago and my meter readings were always between 4 and 8, I have been struggling recently and fell off the wagon and my readings are 10 and 11 2 hours after eating, I feel really tired and generally unwell the last couple of days could this be the cause?

I'd feel the same way if my numbers rose to those levels, I'm not used to them any more.

I have done well since diagnosis 18 months ago and my meter readings were always between 4 and 8, I have been struggling recently and fell off the wagon and my readings are 10 and 11 2 hours after eating, I feel really tired and generally unwell the last couple of days could this be the cause?
Almost certainly if your level is higher than you are used to it could make you feel unwell but equally feeling unwell can elevate your blood glucose level. Bit of a chicken and egg situation. Not free range though.

Sorry to hear you have been having a difficult time recently, and how this has affected your diabetes management :(

Diabetes can be tough at times, and there can be other stresses in life which make it harder to give it the attention it often demands. Be kind to yourself, and give yourself the credit for noticing that things have shifted - and how this is having a negative effect on you.

Hope you can find some space and ability to refocus on your diabetes over the coming weeks. The good thing is that you know you have found strategies that work well for you in the past.

Good luck, and keep us posted. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back