BG Readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebstar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have noticed that my bg readings can change in seconds for example the first time I test it can be 4.8 and if I take it again straight after it can be 6 how can this be? Which is the true reading? It makes me anxious because if I just go by the first reading it might be giving me false reassurance that all is well.:confused:

Hi Sebstar,

A lot will depend on when you ate food last.

The numbers change a lot after you have eaten - especially if you have eaten carbohydrate.

In any case, the difference between 4.8 and 6 is quite small really - and are very good anyway. Ideal in fact!

Don't worry about it!

Best wishes - John

Last edited:
Agree it can depend on what and when you have eaten, and also on physical activity. I find recently mine have been more up and down than a yoyo because it has been quite cold and I then need a warm drink to compensate.

It is generally agreed the ideal place to be is between 4 and 7, and the numbers you are getting are within that range, so there is no need to worry.

Am going through strips like wildfire I think I'm becoming obsessed lol. Thanks for replies.

It's also worth remembering that each of the meters has a margin of error, so the two readings may in reality be much closer than the meter suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back