Bg levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahb83

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
On diagnosis my hba1c was 89 started losing weight (still am) and 11 weeks later was down to 45 the gp told me that is pre diabetic levels recently started testing with a home monitor thing and weirdly my levels are always the same over the past week morning (before breakfast) have been between 6 and 6.4 but then after a meal breakfast or lunch or even my evening meal it’s been between 5.8 and 6.8 so my fasting levels are annoyingly high but my 2 hour post meal readings seem to be good (for the diabetic/prediabetic/normal levels) as in my fasting levels are stuck in the prediabetic range and after meals are well within normal range. As I’m still losing weight I was hoping I’d be able to lower my hba1c further from 45 I’m not being retested until end feb but now I’m worried that it’s just stuck at the same level. Has anyone else experienced this?

Those before breakfast levels are normal. In range is 4 to 7

Your breakfast levels sound fine to me, here’s the target range from diabetes uk

If you have Type 2 diabetes

• before meals: 4 to 7mmol/l
  • two hours after meals: less than 8.5mmol/l

Well done on the brilliant progress @sarahb83

Sorry to hear you are a bit frustrated by those numbers - they are all beautifully grouped and close together. suggesting very effective (and stable) blood glucose management.

It’s not uncommon for out T2 members to find that the breakfast readings are the last ones to drop. It’s the time of day when insulin resistance can be highest, and the situation can be further complicated by a release of glucose from the liver either in the early hours, or on rising, to ‘fire up the burners’ for the day. A hangover from our cave dwelling past!

Keep going! And give yourself some credit - you are doing great!

Numbers still the same around 6 fasting but 6.8 2 hours post meal so still after meals numbers great but pre meal numbers stuck stubbornly in prediabetic bracket I know it’s all going in the right direction but urghhhh just wish the fasting/premeal numbers would nudge down into normal range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back