BG LEVELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosalindb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
I have been doing well controlling BG levels until levothyroxine was tossed into the mix. Now my waking levels can be at 17, and I go from there. I know I should go to GP, but I was told it was well tolerated, not me. Today I was hitting 22.9 after brekkies of greek yogurt with seeds and cuppa tea with no milk/sugar, I do now enjoy salad leaves with chicken or tinned fishes. My fear of docs has returned big time.

Have you adjusted your dose of other medications or diet since starting the levothyroxine to take account of its effect on blood sugar? This does seem to be listed as something you would need to do on the leaflet.

Have you adjusted your dose of other medications or diet since starting the levothyroxine to take account of its effect on blood sugar? This does seem to be listed as something you would need to do on the leaflet.
I already follow low carb diet, not sure what to do abouy gliclazide

I already follow low carb diet, not sure what to do abouy gliclazide
Can you increase your exercise of ask to increase the gliclazide?

Can you increase your exercise of ask to increase the gliclazide?
I am going to find out about the gliclacizde. I do go walks an hours walk most days to no effect. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up on insulin at this rate.

I am going to find out about the gliclacizde. I do go walks an hours walk most days to no effect. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up on insulin at this rate.
insulin is a great tool, best med i ever used, but theres plenty other options if you prefer something else

Sorry to hear your levels have risen substantially recently. It does sound like a medication review would be a wise move to see if you can get your levels a bit more in range.

Those levels do seem very high given that you are already following a low carb way of eating. Do you think your natural insulin production might be beginning to struggle? If you are carrying extra weight, then losing fat around the abdomen can help reduce insulin resistance and help organs work more effectively.

Good luck with it, and let us know how you get on 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back