BG last week or two.... grrr!

Mark C

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
This diabetes thing is a bit frustrating, isn't it?

My pre-prandial readings a week or so back had dropped regularly into the 5s and this was sustained for a good 5 days running, rising no higher than mid 7s 2 hours later. Then suddenly higher readings for no obvious reason. Regularly seeing pre-prandial readings in the 8s for the past few days. Two hours after lunch today (sausage and egg) my glucose was 7.2, which i thought was decent. However at 7pm before my next meal it was 9.0.

I really hat seeing 9s!

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
There are always a lot of things going on, so many interactions - we are complex organisms - personally as long as the changes are not overly drastic I just watch quietly and hope to see improvement, whilst making whatever changes I can to assist the positive.
One thing I did find out quite early on, particularly at breakfast time was that I saw lower readings if I included a little carbohydrate, maybe 10 gm, rather than none at all.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Some sausages are more carby than others could it have been a different brand.

Mark C

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Woke up today with a bit of a head cold. Just going to put it down to that.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
That is likely to be it then. Though sausages can vary wildly in carb content.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to hear you are frustrated @Mark C

I’m currently stubbornly stuck at 11.0 and I've been trying to correct since 7.45pm, but the correction dose(s!) just arent kicking in at all! :(

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to hear you are frustrated @Mark C

I’m currently stubbornly stuck at 11.0 and I've been trying to correct since 7.45pm, but the correction dose(s!) just arent kicking in at all! :(
Mike, you haven't been eating some of those plateau causing nuts we were discussing on another thread by any chance??

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Mike, you haven't been eating some of those plateau causing nuts we were discussing on another thread by any chance??
Nope! :D

I suspect a slight miscalculation of dinner carbs and also the lack of dog walking while isolating beginning to have an effect.

Still annoyng when ’rapid acting’ insulin seems to do nothng for hours.

Paulbreen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Mike I recently changed from novo rapid to fisap for that very reason, 3 weeks in with it and it has improved my reaction time, it’s great you can bolus right after you eat too so your not over dosing. I don’t do that all the time but it’s useful when you eat out.

pm133

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Nope! :D

I suspect a slight miscalculation of dinner carbs and also the lack of dog walking while isolating beginning to have an effect.

Still annoyng when ’rapid acting’ insulin seems to do nothng for hours.
I find that I need to give the bolus correction something to do or it won't budge significantly. So, I go for a brisk 45 minute walk where possible, half an hour after taking the correction. That usually sorts it out.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Mike I recently changed from novo rapid to fisap for that very reason, 3 weeks in with it and it has improved my reaction time, it’s great you can bolus right after you eat too so your not over dosing. I don’t do that all the time but it’s useful when you eat out.
Blooming heck! You are lucky managing to bolus after eating!
I still have to wait 40-45 mins in the morning for Fiasp to work and about 15 mins throughout the rest of the day, before eating and correction time is very slow. It is still a bit better than NpovoRapid but not by much

Paulbreen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Barbra I think it early days, I’m just following the direction of my doctor, he’s using it too and just started recently as well so we’re stillst the experimental stage, I’ve used for 17 years prior to this change, It wasn’t too bad but since starting with a pump it seemed slow to react so here we are .
It’s interesting to hear how other people are getting along with the fsiap