BG Diaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can buy a Blood Glucose monitoring diary with a wipe clean cover?
I've only had mine about a month and it already looks like it was involved in a car accident.
Covered in bloody finger marks.
Gross!

Thanks

Chris

I really dont know if this is any good to you at all as you may not like nor have a printer but maybe you could download this and style it so you can make it into a folder or something and use a plastic ring folder or something simlier or those plastic see through covers you get the name of them i cant recall at the moment.

http://www.apidra.com/docs/pdf/BloodSugarDiary_PDF.pdf

Last edited:
I think that's how most people's blood diaries end up! I remember when doing dafne my dsn was saying how some people make up their diaries before they come in for an appointment and she said she assess if the book is genuine or not based on if it's got blood marks on it, I think she was only half joking!

Steff's idea may be the way to go, lamiate it or put it in a folder....

Good idea Steff

Hadn't really considered the DIY option.

Usually use GSETDIFY method.

(Get Someone Else To Do It For You)

Probably comes from being a man I suppose. 🙂

Thanks

Chris

Good idea Steff

Hadn't really considered the DIY option.

Usually use GSETDIFY method.

(Get Someone Else To Do It For You)

Probably comes from being a man I suppose. 🙂

Thanks

Chris

thats ok ,

cheers for explaining what GSETDIFY meant id of been sat ages trying to suss it out

Another option is to get that clear plastic stuff the kids cover their school books in and is sticky on one side. It's available from most stationers, and if it still existed places loike Woolworths and WH Smiths.

Sticky back plastic? Man that takes me back...

We didn't have it as widely when I was at school, but remeber covering or helping to cover grown up sons books with it or brown paper when he was at school...

Another option is to get that clear plastic stuff the kids cover their school books in and is sticky on one side. It's available from most stationers, and if it still existed places loike Woolworths and WH Smiths.

You can buy this on a roll in Tesco for about ?1.00 :D I cover my Diary with it otherwise it looks like its been in a slasher movie ! 😱

When I used the dafne diary I used to put it in a passport holder, but as you have identified the problems of being a man, this will require some shopping! (WHSmiths or Rymans stationers maybe?).

Now I use the medtronic diary. Hiddeous! There is a picture of some bird on a scooter on it with her legs in the air. Like the whole cheeeeeeesy medtronic catalogue poses, people who are clearly EGSTATICALLY out of their minds with their diabetes! Anyway, if you have the medtronic diary, you try your hardest to haemorrage all over is what I'm trying to say.....😉

Sticky back plastic, rulers, air bubbles and covering school books. Ah, you've taken me back!!

I use my meter to record everything.
It's one less thing to carry around, and it automatically stamps a date on the readings. My Onetouch Ultrasmart can also record meals, exercise and meds. I just then upload it to the computer and print it out whenever I need a hard copy.

Hi Chris ..

I was going to suggest like the others sticky back plastic ... 🙂 ... If you go to an office suppliers or stationers they may be able to laminate it for you ..

Heidi
xx🙂

If you want to stick with the old pen and paper method, try a ring binder and laminate the individual pages (either before or after you finish a page).

i just make a simple table (date, time, blood result, carb units, insulin units) on Word and have it saved at work, then i can print it as often as i need it.

When I used the dafne diary I used to put it in a passport holder, but as you have identified the problems of being a man, this will require some shopping! (WHSmiths or Rymans stationers maybe?).

Now I use the medtronic diary. Hiddeous! There is a picture of some bird on a scooter on it with her legs in the air. Like the whole cheeeeeeesy medtronic catalogue poses, people who are clearly EGSTATICALLY out of their minds with their diabetes! Anyway, if you have the medtronic diary, you try your hardest to haemorrage all over is what I'm trying to say.....😉

Sticky back plastic, rulers, air bubbles and covering school books. Ah, you've taken me back!!

My last but one set from One Touch had lovely pictures of pretty flowers on the cover but the most recent lot are very odd! (I was looking forward to getting a full set of the flowers too! Actually maybe there's something in that and we should start swapping to get a full set of something like at Primary school! They might be worth a fortune one day. 🙄)

For the past 4 years I have been using the Norvo Nordisk home monitering diary, it has a wipe clean cover and is quite a good diary. I just email customer services and they post one to me within a few days free of charge

For the past 4 years I have been using the Norvo Nordisk home monitering diary, it has a wipe clean cover and is quite a good diary. I just email customer services and they post one to me within a few days free of charge

I was using one of those after diagnosis, then got a second one via the website, but now you can only download one from there - I don't want to spend a fortune on printer ink creating a crap substitute (I'm not great at handicrafts!). I've been using Accu chek ones for the past 6 months - they can still be ordered online and posted by the following day.

I use a paper diary that is for one week that I was given as part of my carb counting course in conjunction with a spreadsheet. The paper one is really good for me to record doses of insulin with ease, it means I don't have to leave alot of blank spaces on my spreadsheet. If people would like me to send them copies of either or both just PM me.

Tom

I was using one of those after diagnosis, then got a second one via the website, but now you can only download one from there - I don't want to spend a fortune on printer ink creating a crap substitute (I'm not great at handicrafts!). I've been using Accu chek ones for the past 6 months - they can still be ordered online and posted by the following day.

Northerner.

I beg to differ on your remarks about Norvo Nordisk only being available to download, If you send an email to customer services and ask for one they will send it to you. I got one only last week....they are also available for download for those that prefer it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back