Bg crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynna

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Has anyone else experienced sharp bg crashes. Not sure if pump related or not. My 11 year old has been having a lot of Hypos the past few days, which I am just going to speak to the team about, but she also has some pretty fast level drops. Last night she was 7.3, said she was still feeling 'funny' did another test 10 mins later and she was 4.3! This is not the first time this has happened and I wondered if anyone else experienced this.
Ta
Lynn

Has anyone else experienced sharp bg crashes. Not sure if pump related or not. My 11 year old has been having a lot of Hypos the past few days, which I am just going to speak to the team about, but she also has some pretty fast level drops. Last night she was 7.3, said she was still feeling 'funny' did another test 10 mins later and she was 4.3! This is not the first time this has happened and I wondered if anyone else experienced this.
Ta
Lynn

Hi Lynn, I am reducing my basal at the moment....purely warmer weather related. Has your child been more active ...playing outside etc with the warmer weather?

Hi Lynn, like Phil it's hot weather big crash time for me to.
I'm playing safe and running on a reduced temp basal. Also at the age of 11 hormones will be kicking in as well at some point for your daughter.
I know it's a pain in the bum but perhaps think of keeping a detailed diary so you can pin point any areas that are causing a problem.
I tend to change the basal if I have 2 days in a row with a hypo at the same time or a higher than it should be.

I know it's a pain in the bum but perhaps think of keeping a detailed diary so you can pin point any areas that are causing a problem.

I tend to change the basal if I have 2 days in a row with a hypo at the same time or a higher than it should be.

2 very good bits of advice there Sue.

Thanks for the replies
Interesting about the warmer weather having an influence. However we are in Aberdeen so we are waiting for summer to arrive- hopefully it will be here before autumn!
Her activities and routine haven't changed much, but perhaps even the smallest change has an impact especially as she is pumping such small amounts of insulin.
A diary equated to the weather and activity is a good idea.

I am discovering that diabetes is certainly not an exact science!!

Yep, the weather's had me chasing lows the last few days too. I've reduced basal rates by 20% and that seems to be holding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back