Better support - at last

Status
Not open for further replies.

suziepoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
It's been a while since I posted so thought would let you know how am getting on!
My new GP signed me off work for a month and put me on anti-depressants. I'm now back at work and thats still stressing me out! But asked for help off Manager and Partner - so proved I had taken on board what was said last time. Also did meditation at lunch and came back to work obviously much calmer.
Saw my diabetic nurse and new consultant today. The DSN went through my list of queries/worries and exlained them away. My main concern of having to inject at Xmas party etc in front of others is up to me! I'm only 2 units and we agreed that if I skipped it I could do it the next morning if my levels are high.
The consultant 'thinks' I'm type 1 - but he wants to know for sure!! The first time anyone has agreed with me on this! So he's doing a test when I go back in 3 months! I can wait that long!!
He's also referred me to their dietician for advice about carb counting etc.
Am back seeing the psychologist next week too.
So despite a bad week (v painful injection that resulted in a lump and made following injections harder) I feel more supported than ever. Am so glad I changed my GP, DSN and she suggested I change my consultant!!
Thanks for your support too. 🙂

That's terrific suziepoo! Progress! 🙂 So pleased that you are managing to get things sorted. Three months seems a long time to wait for a test though!

Glad you have found a useful team. I know it is not the best solution, but there is always the option of injecting in the toilets at the xmas party, or finding somewhere quiter. That is a long time to wait for a test, can you speak to your GP about this and try to get it speeded up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back