Status
Not open for further replies.

kenw

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Dear all
My trust Accu-chek Mobile has given up the ghost, and a like for like replacement is no longer available. [Roche was losing money on every unit sold, because its complexity meant high manufacturing cost.] So I've ordered a Betachek C50 all in one – and will report here on my first couple of weeks' experience.
Meanwhile, I have a question. The B-chek has a built-in single-use lancing device, which I think uses the same kind of lancets supplied with many other meter kits. However, I prefer the cartridge-type FastClix device which I have used for many years [one of which is part of the Accu-chek kit] – and for which I have a stock of about 100x 6-pin lancet cartridges. Can I continue to use this – or do I have to use the Betachek's integral device?
Anything else I need to know about the Betachek?
TIA
KenW in Liverpool

Can I continue to use this – or do I have to use the Betachek's integral device?
It looks like you use the inbuilt lancet device to produce a drop (at the bottom of the device) which you then need to apply to the tape at the top. So even if the device requires you to press the button to activate the lancet device you could still use your FastClix device to actually produce the blood.

(That does (it seems to me) reduce the value of the all in one device. I guess the cartridge of 50 tests is a bonus. I'm not sure how many available glucometers have test strips in cartridges like that. A bit odd that the Betachek don't have lancets in a cartridge, come to think of it.)

Many years after discontinuation I'm still using Multiclix device to prick finger, Multiclix preceeded Fastclix , had few meters since then but none of those lancers match up to Multiclix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back