Best cream for spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewanna98

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi, I’m type 2 and menopausal, I have been having outbreak of spots and was wondering if anyone can recommend any good creams/ointments to help with this? Thanks.

Hi, I’m type 2 and menopausal, I have been having outbreak of spots and was wondering if anyone can recommend any good creams/ointments to help with this? Thanks.
An antiseptic, like Savlon, Germalene or you could ask your pharmacy.
Would you like to say a bit more about your diagnosis, what your HbA1C is and have you been prescribed any medication or are you just making dietary changes.
A low carb approach may be suitable if you are doing that or are just on metformin. This link may help you with some good information and meal plans and recipes to suit various tastes and budgets. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

An antiseptic, like Savlon, Germalene or you could ask your pharmacy.
Would you like to say a bit more about your diagnosis, what your HbA1C is and have you been prescribed any medication or are you just making dietary changes.
A low carb approach may be suitable if you are doing that or are just on metformin. This link may help you with some good information and meal plans and recipes to suit various tastes and budgets. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
Thanks I’ve been using Savlon which I got from my pharmacy but it doesn’t seem to be doing much. I’m currently on gliclazide as metformin doesn't agree with me.

Thanks I’ve been using Savlon which I got from my pharmacy but it doesn’t seem to be doing much. I’m currently on gliclazide as metformin doesn't agree with me.
You could try a tea tree oil based product but if severe you may need a treatment only available on prescription.
A bit of caution with low carb as in don't go too low because of the gliclazide which is encouraging your pancreas to produce more insulin.
You should be prescribed a monitor and test strips to keep a check on blood glucose so you could do some strategic testing of your tolerance to meals.

Both myself and my friend who I'd known since we were 7 at junior school (different infant schools) had far worse spots in our 40s than we ever did as teenagers. We both started to use Oriflame skincare, religiously, and their face cleaning products used thoroughly night and morning were enough for me. Cleanser, toner, ,moisturiser. All their prods were made with very natural ingredients. The other make that were nearly as 'clean' was Simple.

I find Germolene excellent for dealing with spots. I make sure to give it a good rub/ massage in to help stimulate blood flow and absorption and a couple of days later it is gone like magic! I would not be without it, for cuts, spelks, blisters and spots etc.

I find Germolene excellent for dealing with spots. I make sure to give it a good rub/ massage in to help stimulate blood flow and absorption and a couple of days later it is gone like magic! I would not be without it, for cuts, spelks, blisters and spots etc.
Me too. We always have some in our medicines cabinet. I also find Boots' medicinal tea tree oil effective at stopping a cold sore in its tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back