Best BG monitor please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sooz007

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Just diagnosed pre-diabetic and recommended to get a BG monitor to try to figure out what foods my body tolerates better than others. Which are considered the best cheaper ones please? There's some massively differing reviews out there. Would like one that's easy to use AND accurate. Don't need anything fancy or able to link to a PC etc. Recommendations very gladly received.

The 2 most frequently recommended BG meters by people self funding here on the forum as being reliable and economical to use are the Gluco Navii and the Spirit Healthcare Tee2. The test meter kits are about £15 and extra pots of strips are about £8 each for a pot of 50. You only get 10 strips in with the kit so you would be well advised to buy at least 2 extra pots of test strips and a box of lancets with your meter kit and that should get you going for a couple of weeks.

There is a lot of intensive testing involved in the first month or two until you figure out which meals and in what portion size your body can handle and after that you just need to test new foods and do spot checks, so you will go through a lot of test strips at first but this will gradually tail off as you build a repertoire of meals that suit you.

Hi Sooz007,

The most recommended devices are the SD Gluco Navii or the Spirit Tee2 as they have quite cheap strips which is important.

You can also have a look on Amazon and check the reviews to see which ones are popular there.

The Gluco Navvii from Home Health is the one that I use it you order from Home Health online you can get a discount code for the strips Navvii5 gets you a discount on 5 boxes Don't forget to tick the box "I have diabetes " so that you don't pay VAT
Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back