Best App to record BS and food intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lainey66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hello, not sure if this is the right forum but I'd like to get an app on phone where I can record my BS and food intake. Looking for recommendations. Thanks

mySugr is good for recording BG readings.
carbs & cals works well for recording food and even if you don’t actually do that it’s a good resource for getting a handle on carb intake.

I think this might actually be better posted in the General section rather than here.

I use mySugr
I do pay for the premium version but frankly the free version is perfectly good enough.
Not sure why I pay tbh.

I log my BG in a little log book that I keep with my kit and I use the free version of MyFitnessPal for my food diary and to add exercise (which it then adds on to that day's log ie calories burned - not that I count calories) - I have it on my laptop and the app on my phone, which are linked, so I can use it wherever I am. Some step counters/fitness apps will also link to it - but not the one I use, but I add that manually at the end of each day.
There are plenty of free apps out there to choose from and most have the premium option.

I use MySugr when I bother logging. I don’t know the difference between free and paid though as I have free lifetime premium access.

I use MySugr when I bother logging. I don’t know the difference between free and paid though as I have free lifetime premium access.
How did you get that?!

How did you get that?!
I gave feedback when it was in development and suggested some of the tags they have on there like the “carbs guess” one

I use mySugr, which I find is pretty good for logging information - it also links to other apps to collect data, for instance, exercise and BG results (Apple's Health app automatically links to the contour app that collects reading from my Contour Next One.).

I used to use mySugr and I think it is a great app. I got, still get, the Pro version for free because my AccuChek mobile meter has the (free) WiFi adaptor that sends BG readings to mySugr. In reality its the continuous use of the 50 strip cassettes for my meter that Roche like!

But now I have the Diabox app and CGM on my android phone and it became too much hassle putting meals and insulin data into both mySugr as well as LibreLink. If I could link mySugr and LibreLink I would continue to use mySugr with its excellent reports, rather than LibreLink.

I used to use mySugr and I think it is a great app. I got, still get, the Pro version for free because my AccuChek mobile meter has the (free) WiFi adaptor that sends BG readings to mySugr. In reality its the continuous use of the 50 strip cassettes for my meter that Roche like!

But now I have the Diabox app and CGM on my android phone and it became too much hassle putting meals and insulin data into both mySugr as well as LibreLink. If I could link mySugr and LibreLink I would continue to use mySugr with its excellent reports, rather than LibreLink.
The reports from mySugr are pretty damn good.

Another +1 for mySugr

Frederick and the team there did a cracking job - and they have had the might of Roche behind them for a while.

Quite a few of the original development team live with T1, which made a difference in how tuned is was to lived diabetes experience I think.

I particularly like that it is both very comprehensive (it will track almost anything) but also quite configurable in that you can hide options you aren’t interested in so you retain a clean interface that works for you.

I’ve merged your threads together to keep all your replies in one place @Lainey66 🙂

mySugr is good for recording BG readings.
carbs & cals works well for recording food and even if you don’t actually do that it’s a good resource for getting a handle on carb intake.

Hi ya Colin, with mysugr can you record exactly what you are eating, as in a personal menu and not a preset menu? I have in tge past been using glucy chek but have experiencing problems recently with the app.

Hi ya Colin, with mysugr can you record exactly what you are eating, as in a personal menu and not a preset menu? I have in tge past been using glucy chek but have experiencing problems recently with the app.
I haven’t ever logged anything in that app other than BG readings. I think you can log food but I’ve no idea if it’s going to do what you need. It’s free though so why not try it.

I’ve not used it for a while, but did for many years. There was a ‘notes’ section I used to jot down meal specifics where helpful. there was also the option of adding a photo of the plate which I never used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back