BERTIE COURSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Currently half way through final module. Great way to learn & understand this new way of life.
I’ve been told I must complete this course to enable me to get the libre prescribed to me.
Great that you can refer back and recap on certain things your unsure of.

Which they probably shouldn't say. https://nhssugardoc.blogspot.com/2021/08/holding-to-ransom.html

On the other hand, doing the course (or another similar one) will be valuable (as will watching the various videos by ABCD and others specifically on Libre) so you should definitely do it.
That’s interesting. I did the Bertie online course while I was waiting for a referral for the Libre, because I'd read in various places that a Dafne course, or equivalent, was a requirement. Sure enough, when I had my referral appointment with the hospital, I was asked if I'd done a Dafne. I said I’d done the Bertie, and was told OK, fine, but they may need to see my completion certificate. However, when it came to it, I wasn’t asked. I still learnt a couple of things from the Bertie, though, so the time wasn’t wasted.

That’s interesting. I did the Bertie online course while I was waiting for a referral for the Libre
I'm also sure it was a requirement at one point, so I think Partha Kar may be expressing more of a personal view than official policy. Regardless, I agree completing such a course is worthwhile. (Another thing he dislikes is the insistence on in-person courses rather than online ones, since for many people online training is much more practical.)

Don’t forget to print off your certificate when you finish @Jimmy2202 - I was told that some DSNs like to have proof! Glad to hear you’re enjoying the course. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back