Bentilee diabetes sufferer organises concert to raise funds to fight the condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
DIABETES sufferer Nathan Baird has organised a charity night to raise funds to fight the illness.

Twenty-five-year-old Nathan has arranged for various local tribute acts to entertain a crowd of 250 people at Baddeley Green Working Men's Club on September 26.

The event will include Randy Corwood's soul and Motown show and Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow tribute acts. It will also feature Britain's Got Talent finalist Stu Arnold.

There will also be children's entertainment on the night, from which all proceeds will go to JDRF, a charity that helps to improve the lives of type-1 diabetics.

Nathan, from Dawlish Drive in Bentilee, who was diagnosed with type-1 diabetes when he was just six, said: "For the past few years I have done some charity events, and I just wanted to do something different this time. Both my parents suffer with the condition as well. My mum was diagnosed when she was nine.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Bent...ises-concert/story-22280305-detail/story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back