Bent cannual x2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allana

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone,

I have been using my pump since 9th Jan and have had major problems with bent cannuals.

I have followed the rule of changing site after 2/3 high blood sugars. Twice I have found the cannual was total bent. After advice from Medtronic they suggested using different places to put the cannual which I don't mind.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any tips or if this has happened to any of you?

I think I have lost my faith in the pump after getting keytones and hi sugars yesterday!

Any advice would be VERY welcome!

Thanks

Are you using quicksets? If so then perhaps try a different cannula.
Quicksets have a ww reputation and it's not always good 😱

We started off fine with the Quicksets but as my little one got older we began to have problems with them kinking. We are using sure T's (steel) at present, I lost confidence too with the same problem but feel 100% happier with these. Defo try some different cannulas 🙂

What length cannula? Is there a shorter one? I swapped to angled sets after a fair few kinks/set fails. Not had one since 🙂

I use Quick sets & had no problem with them. Is your skin soft ? I know thats a funny ? But try after you have been in shower etc. Never had a fail yet(3yrs plus). 🙂

Thanks everyone, yes it's quick sets and the shortest length I have been using. I'm going to call Medtronic today for some samples of different ones to try! It's so nice to hear I'm not alone!

Thanks everyone, yes it's quick sets and the shortest length I have been using. I'm going to call Medtronic today for some samples of different ones to try! It's so nice to hear I'm not alone!

If your funding is anything like mine, it might be worth popping to see your pump DSN for samples. Some compatible sets (esp Mios) are more expensive so you would need to get samples after convo with DSN in order to be able to order them.

Having said that I tried Mios (which many people *love*) but didn't get on with them. I now use a mostly Silhouettes with a handful of Quicksets thrown in every now and again.

Wrote about it here: http://www.everydayupsanddowns.co.uk/2012/09/set-changes.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back