Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

leenevitt

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have been hearing a few things about benefit cuts.... i know i should wait.. but does anyone have a heads up at all.....

No details yet, but they will be cutting working tax credits and, I believe, freezing pensions, ESA and JSA for the foreseeable. Rumour has it the cuts may be less severe here than down south of the border.

Aunty said:
Cash raised

Freezing all benefits could raise about ?15bn over three years. Axing child benefit for better off families could save ?1.3bn a year. Taxing the winter fuel allowance for better off pensioners, in line with proposals in a select committee report last year, could save ?250m a year. Axing it altogether would save ?2.7bn a year.

Last edited:
Maybe I should pay attention seeing as I'm on JSA at the moment.

I doubt they'll actually cut your benefits Shiv, but you won't get any more any time soon. It would be political suicide after all.

I'm so glad to be coming off benefits at last, but I really hope they won't cut the tax credits too much, that money will make a huge difference to me since I'll be on the basic wage.

I live in fear of these talked about cuts Im on IB,IS and DLA. due to servere mental health issues. i have tryed to work but im just not capebale most employers make noices about sticking to the DDA but whos gonna employ someone like me whos been sectioned and has spent more time in psy hospital than out of it in last couple of years

Some of the benefit cuts like cutting child benefits and heating allowances for wealthier familes will mean means testing for some people who find any kind of form filling difficult.

When I was trying to get back to work I wasn't allowed to do free courses because my husband earned ?12 a year too much. I wanted to be back at work and be productive and couldn't afford to on one persons income. I have been back at work 12 years and have updated my skills through in house training and practical application. It seems benefits will be cut and people will also be prevented from updating their skills to go into a different kind of job if they are unlucky enough to be made redundant, and so the saga goes on...

I am so fed up of the country. Its all about money. There is never much good for the less well off.Idf My ESA or DLA gets stopped I will have nothing. I only get ?400 a month as it is, I have no qualifications, no job and even though I apply for loads I never get beyond the first interview. Either because of the qualifications, one hand or diabetes. I have tried getting qualifications but no one gets back to me. I am so angry. How is anyone supposed to get a start in life when everything is against us. How am I expected to start my new life with fiance if we apparenty earn to much for housing benefit yet only bring home just under ?1000 a month combined. Council tax,car tax,insurance,petrol,rent.... we have no chance!!!!!

I did think about becoming an MP, emplying members of my family in various jobs, claiming for an extra home and fiddling my expense. All the extra money I get above and beyond my salary I will give to someone less well off and allow squatters to live in my second home.

No details yet, but they will be cutting working tax credits and, I believe, freezing pensions, ESA and JSA for the foreseeable. Rumour has it the cuts may be less severe here than down south of the border.

Hopefully that means my child benefit and child tax credits will be safe x

South of what border?? Im in Surrey!!! Im almost as south as you get get in terms of the south coast lol

I'm in the far frozen north of Scotland, which is another country... Or possibly another planet... 😉

Some of the benefit cuts like cutting child benefits and heating allowances for wealthier familes

I heard they were cutting those to families on a joint income of ?26,000 - that's ?13,000 each, not wealthy at all, especially in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back