Benefits of CBD oil and diabetes

Amity Island

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Not a topic with which I am familiar, but I know in recent years CBD has become widely available. Article seems to be showing that there are some positive benefits of using cbd oil.

The article states these benefits from using CDB oil in diabetics.

According to recent studies, people who frequently use cannabis have a smaller waist circumference compared to non-users. They also have lower insulin resistance, which contributes to a speedier metabolism.

The reason for this may be the CBD’s ability to trigger the “fat browning” process. Fat browning turns the white fat cells — the ones you store as the excess body fat — to brown cells, which can be easily broken down and used for energy during activity and exercise.

A 2013 study published in the American Journal of Medicine featuring a sample of 4,657 adults (both men and women) found that cannabis users have a 16% faster insulin level and 17% lower insulin resistance level compared to non-users.
Reduced inflammation of the pancreas.

Research shows that CBD dilates the blood vessels, making it easier for blood to flow. This ensures better control of the blood pressure. Scientists also suggest that over time, cannabinoids can help reduce blood pressure in healthy people, reducing the chances of developing hypertension.

Last edited:

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As a CBD oil user, I can see no use for it in diabetes T1or T2, except one instance - painful or uncomfortable diabetic neuropathy, when it might improve symptoms. That said, a 10ml bottle of good quality higher strength CBD oil comes in at around £50-60. Any cheaper, it’s not good quality.

Pine Marten

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have wondered about this too, not for D but for my touches of arthritis in knees and feet. A friend (a muggle - non-D) has similar knee problems and swears by it. I had a look at all the various ways it is sold but couldn't really work out what dosage might be beneficial. I might have to go back to glucosamine ...