Being naughty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janine19

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just felt I needed to confess. I have sat on settee tonight and ate a whole maltesers easter egg to myself!! It was so good and made me so happy! Sugars not bad now but maybe thats cos I injected 12 units wi the egg! More than I did for my tea! 😛

good for you! As long as you injected and its mot every day then bloody enjoy it! I had a cadburys caramel one to myself on monday, stabbed 14 units afterwards and readin was still double figures two hours after. But it only happens once a year, as do birthdays, and christmas, and valentines day... Aherm 🙂 appt from that i'm good

Janine - I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your treat.

My confession tho is that I'm just a bit envious as know if I had an Easter Egg I'd eat the whole thing too but diet/tablet regime mean it would take me a long while and/or a lot of exercise to get back to normal levels. Plus - once I get the taste then the chocoholic in me comes to the fore. Best stick to buying plants for the garden instead - come to think of it, there is a chocolate scented flower but I can't remember what it's called and there was a trend of laying cocoa shells down as mulch at one time

Just felt I needed to confess. I have sat on settee tonight and ate a whole maltesers easter egg to myself!! It was so good and made me so happy! Sugars not bad now but maybe thats cos I injected 12 units wi the egg! More than I did for my tea! 😛

It is a treat, so make the most of it. You don't do it every day which made it all the more enjoyable. Personally if I didn't have some chocolate every once in a while I'd go crazy...

glad to hear you enjoyed it. i wouldn't say it was naughty just normal, you did exactly what you needed to do with your insulin.
I might eat an egg tonight 🙂

Good to hear that you are enjoying yourself! My rule breaking means beer...with disastrous consequences for my blood sugars!

Tom H

Same here but I ate mine over 2 days, but made sure I injected enough insulin to cover it, 26u did the trick without making my blood sugars go crazy... i think i was about 10 after eating it rather than much higher... as has happened before...

well janine we all deserve treats now and again i got myself some cookies this morning but they will end up going to a good home (son) before i get a chance to get them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back