Before this, Rhys had to have 8 jabs a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Rhys McDonnell is 14 and lives in Banbridge with his mum Teresa, dad Colin and sister Rachel. He was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at the age of eight and his mum says the insulin pump has transformed his life.

"It was such a shock when we were told Rhys had diabetes," Teresa said. "The first thing we heard was that it is life-limiting – which for any parent is a frightening thing to hear. He was having to take his injections eight times a day.

"This had a big impact not just on Rhys, but us as a family. We always had to eat our dinner at 5pm and it led to Rhys withdrawing. It was getting to the point with Rhys where he wouldn't go out with friends."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...s-rhys-had-to-have-8-jabs-a-day-30317970.html

I can't see why they had to eat tea at 5pm if Rhys was on "8 jabs per day". With that many injections, he can't have been on bimodal insulin, and on basal bolus, you can eat when you want. Even if some of the jabs were lancets for blood tests, it still doesn't add up.

Still, if the pump suits him, that's great. Especially, his karate success is excellent.

Agree 100% with above post. The first thought that ran through my head when reading this was how odd it is needing dinner at 5pm when I can eat it as early or late as I like- or skip completely- and I'm only on 5 a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back