Been without libre sensor but theres a postive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
I been without sensor for two days because the two left i had with failed soon after apllying but the avantege is i enjoyed what i eat as wasnt abble to see any spikes that might have woried me needless. Still would like to have sesnor epislly for nights but it is what it is.

Haha! Yes I know what you mean @rayray119

Though of course, with diabetes ignorance isn’t really bliss long term 😛

Hope it’s not too long before you can get replacement Libre - have you contacted Abbott about the ones that failed? They can talk you through things, and will most likely replace them. Which will give you a couple of spares 🙂

Yesterday, latest sensor has just died - it won't scan or send any Bluetooth, as if the battery has gone flat.
I wouldn't like to go back to permanently only having finger pricks but I agree it is less stressful not being reminded that your last meal was more (or less) carby than you thought or that your gym session is pushy your levels up or ...

I think the occasional sensor holiday should be encouraged for out mental health.

I have a new sensor "warming up" in my arm which I will start tomorrow and enjoy the break until then.

Haha! Yes I know what you mean @rayray119

Though of course, with diabetes ignorance isn’t really bliss long term 😛

Hope it’s not too long before you can get replacement Libre - have you contacted Abbott about the ones that failed? They can talk you through things, and will most likely replace them. Which will give you a couple of spares 🙂
They sending some to the adress im staying at. Im way for a bit. People have told me as long as they come back down its okay. I tend to panic when blood suger is rising but always works out

They sending some to the adress im staying at. Im way for a bit. People have told me as long as they come back down its okay. I tend to panic when blood suger is rising but always works out

Yes it’s important not to overreact to every wobble on the sensor trace! Sometimes it’s much better to wait to see if a pattern emerges 🙂

Yes it’s important not to overreact to every wobble on the sensor trace! Sometimes it’s much better to wait to see if a pattern emerges 🙂
It was just unfoturte that i was going to on saterday night but manged it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back