been to see nursey (headdesk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
*headdesk*

Went to see nursey today, which was pretty much a waste of time!

I turned up for confusion to hit the unit as I wasn't in the diary! I was seen anyway but the lady I saw had no clue what was going on and STILL tried to tell me that all my problems were because of my lantus. NO! We have been through this. I have to say I did argue the toss with her over this one, and eventually she did say that maybe a change to Levemir would be worth it. Yet despite the lady on the phone saying I could get a CGMS...funnily enough I don't seem to be sporting one and all because of an admin c**k up.

Had I seen the lady I spoke to then things would have gone much smoother. Despite getting a new pen and a letter for doctor man re Levemir, she was still insistent that it was Lantus issues. I also have no idea what dose to start on with the Levemir. Do I have the same as my Lantus and at the same time of day?

I also had a new glucose monitor thrown in my lap *sigh*, a onetouch ultrasmart, luckilly it takes the same strips as my pink one so I might give that a go (and review it on the blog lol!)

but yeah, distinct lack of help with the CGMS and I swear they're all addicted to Lantus or something over there. I have no idea what to do with this new Levemir when I get it (dropping doctors letter in later on). HELP!

I wanted that blood kit but OneTouch told me it was out of stock till may and they sent me a diff one - which is rubbish. I'm on levemir and take 40 units just before bed if thats any help. I don't know anything about Lantus like when you take it etc.

I wanted that blood kit but OneTouch told me it was out of stock till may and they sent me a diff one - which is rubbish. I'm on levemir and take 40 units just before bed if thats any help. I don't know anything about Lantus like when you take it etc.

I'm on 16u of lantus prebed (well 9pm) so I'm wondering if I should start with that?

The ultrasmart is cool. I've done 1 test on it, its confusing but I like it. Looks like my pink one may be going into retirement for a while :( poor thing

lol poor thing.

I'd start with that and see how it goes. Im not sure what the difference is between them, any ideas?

lol poor thing.

I'd start with that and see how it goes. Im not sure what the difference is between them, any ideas?

uhm, I'm not sure. I know they're both 24 hour insulins? I have a little book somewhere telling me. But if anyone else knows chip in :D

Man, they need a boot up the backside! 😡 I have no idea why they're insisting you stick with Lantus! When I was on my DAFNE course and said I was having problems with Lantus, the first thing they suggested was switching to Levemir to see it it helped.

When I switched, they said I should start on the same dose as I had been on Lantus, they said that most people need more levemir than lantus, so expect it to have to go up. I was also told to split it 50/50 morning and night and work from there, but your advice may differ. This does give you more flexibility in adjusting doses.

You know, the more I think about the fact that they just sent you away with a script and didn't tell you anything about doses, the more angry I get! 😡 If I were you, I'd seriously think about making a complaint.

I take all mine in one go but thinking about doing 80/20 night and following afternoon as although its supposed to last 24 hours it really only lasts about 18

Argh! Rubbish. I knew you were going, and I was holding such high hopes for a positive outcome for you.

Any chance of a new appointment with the woman you were MEANT to see?

I'm gunna phone them again next week i think as i do really need to see the other lady as she KNOWS what's going on with me.

the positive outcome WILL come...it's just taking a while

but hey, levemir FTW (even if i don't know doses haha!)

randomange said:
Man, they need a boot up the backside! I have no idea why they're insisting you stick with Lantus! When I was on my DAFNE course and said I was having problems with Lantus, the first thing they suggested was switching to Levemir to see it it helped.

When I switched, they said I should start on the same dose as I had been on Lantus, they said that most people need more levemir than lantus, so expect it to have to go up. I was also told to split it 50/50 morning and night and work from there, but your advice may differ. This does give you more flexibility in adjusting doses.

You know, the more I think about the fact that they just sent you away with a script and didn't tell you anything about doses, the more angry I get! If I were you, I'd seriously think about making a complaint

thanks for the advice! usually the team down there are really good so i don't know what's gone wrong :( when i asked about doses she was like 'i still think you need to drop back your lantus but if you're so insistant on using levemir then just go dose by dose to start with' 😱<--------- my face.

When I get it, I think I'll start on 16u in one go and see how that goes, do testing and play with it a bit.

I thought one of the reasons for changing to levemir was that you could split doses and have different amounts. As I have a lot of nighttime hypos I took 10units at 7:30am and only 4 at 7:30pm to reduce the number of hypos I was having - it did help a bit.

I can't believe they did not tell you when/how much to take, ridiculous, and verging on negligent.

I thought one of the reasons for changing to levemir was that you could split doses and have different amounts. As I have a lot of nighttime hypos I took 10units at 7:30am and only 4 at 7:30pm to reduce the number of hypos I was having - it did help a bit.

I can't believe they did not tell you when/how much to take, ridiculous, and verging on negligent.

oh gosh, so would it be a bad idea to take it all in one go then?

gosh i feel a bit stupid :(

I know there are some people on here who take it in one go, so I dont think it would be bad, just you might not get the full benefit of changing to it. That is just my opinion though.
I was told that the lifetime of levemir was a bit shorter than lantus, more like 18 hours so I take it in 2 doses. Is there anyone you can phone to ask - probably a stupid question.

I wasnt told that but worked it out but the levels going up just before dinner 🙂

I know there are some people on here who take it in one go, so I dont think it would be bad, just you might not get the full benefit of changing to it. That is just my opinion though.
I was told that the lifetime of levemir was a bit shorter than lantus, more like 18 hours so I take it in 2 doses. Is there anyone you can phone to ask - probably a stupid question.

I reckon I'll probably phone one of the nurses when I get the script through. I'm not entirely sure how to go about the change, whether one day instead of lantus I take the levemir in the evening in one go and then split it the next day. I dunno...I'll have to give them a ring. I'm taking the letter down to the surgery ina bit so should have the new stuff by the end of the week (hopefully).

This is so confusing :confused:

I reckon I'll probably phone one of the nurses when I get the script through. I'm not entirely sure how to go about the change, whether one day instead of lantus I take the levemir in the evening in one go and then split it the next day. I dunno...I'll have to give them a ring. I'm taking the letter down to the surgery ina bit so should have the new stuff by the end of the week (hopefully).

This is so confusing :confused:

Do you need a different pen for levemir? If so, you need to get it aded to your prescription and get a spare too. I know virtually nothing about levemir, except that it is supposed to have a shorter life than lantus, so is generally split.

Do you need a different pen for levemir? If so, you need to get it aded to your prescription and get a spare too. I know virtually nothing about levemir, except that it is supposed to have a shorter life than lantus, so is generally split.

It's a novopen apparently. I was given a silver novopen 4 (ITS SEXY AND I LOVE IT!), as I currently use the blue one for my novorapid.

I will still need to label them though........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back