BEEN NICE KNOWING YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukjohn

Much Missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been proud to be the longest serving member of this forum, having been the first member to join on the day it started. I have enjoyed my time here and made many friends, but I lost interest when Diabetes UK stepped in a while ago and started running and changing things for the worst. The best times were when my good friend Northerner was running the forum. But that said I am now having to leave. The reason being I have today been released from hospital having been diagnosed with aggressive Cancer of the Liver which is now spreading to my Lungs, they tell me I have about four months to live and Macmillan pain control are taking over most of my remaining treatment. So goodbye my friends, take good care of yourselves and I wish every one of you good health for the future.

John
not forgetting Rosy my parrot

@ukjohn so sorry to read this, I am one of the newer members of the forum so haven't seen any of your past posts, I didn't want to read and not respond, I will keep you in my thoughts and hope the coming months are pain free.

Oh John, I am so very sorry to read this! You will be greatly missed here. I am a relative newcomer with just 3.5 years but I have read many of your posts and I have enjoyed your forthrightness and dry wit.
I wish you lots of love and courage through the weeks to come and hope that they are able to make you comfortable throughout and that you find peace with this situation.
Virtual ((((HUGS)))) seem so inadequate, but they are all I can offer.

Sincerest regards Barbara X

John, I’m very sorry to hear this, you’ve been a 'fixture' on the forum and someone whose posts I've always made a point of reading.
You will be sorely missed, and I wish you well for your remaining time.

Aww John (((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) I think of you often and have been wondering how you are. Wishing you all the very best and and a peaceful and pain free journey.
Sue xx

Hi ukjohn, so sorry to hear this news.

Just wanted to share my gratitude for your presence on the forum and support for all these years. The forum wouldn't be the same without members such as yourself so thank you for sharing your time with us. I wish you the most peaceful journey possible.

Sorry to hear this John, I had been thinking we had not heard from you for a while.

Oh John. I haven’t got the words to express how sorry I am this is happening to you.
You have always been one of the core members and what this forum is all about.
We love you and are sorry to say goodbye.
Spend what time you have left with those who you love most xxx

Oh no! I am so so sorry to hear your devastating news @ukjohn :(

Your presence on the forum has always been such a welcome constant, and it was lovely to meet and chat at one of the meets way back when.

Hope the pain management can keep you as comfortable as possible, and that you are able to use your remaining time to put things in order.

With very best wishes and fond regards

I’m fairly new here, John, but I’ve seen your posts and heard others refer to you as a bit of a legend. I’m so very sorry to read your news. I don’t know if any words help at all, but I sincerely hope that you’re as comfortable as can be. Sending you love and my best wishes xx

So very sorry to hear your devastating news, hope you can be as comfortable as possible.

So sorry to read your devastating news John.
Best wishes for the next few months and I hope that they are able to keep you comfortable.

My thoughts will be with you, my brother, please message me any time, you know I love you dearly {{{{HUGS}}}} Always a pleasure to meet up with you over the years, I have many happy memories 🙂 I hope that you have the best of treatment to ease your pain, thank you for being my friend for the past 14 years.

DSCF0514.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back