Beat's Type 1 Diabetes and Eating Disorders Workshop - Online. Tues 4th July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Beat's Type 1 Diabetes and Eating Disorders Workshop
Join Beat, Dr Helen Partridge and other experts to learn about, discuss and take away practical approaches related to diabetes and eating disorders. This workshop will explore relevant topics including diabetes and eating disorders in paediatric settings, appropriate language use and engagement in services. The event will be based on a series of short presentations and discussions on key areas of interest, all informed by lived experience and clinical expertise. The workshop content will also be available to ticket holders for up to a month after it has ended.

Date: Tuesday 4th July 2023
Time: 13:30 - 17:00

This workshop will be held virtually. Our standard ticket price will be £55.00.

Buy tickets

View programme

Beat's Type 1 Diabetes and Eating Disorders Workshop
Join Beat, Dr Helen Partridge and other experts to learn about, discuss and take away practical approaches related to diabetes and eating disorders. This workshop will explore relevant topics including diabetes and eating disorders in paediatric settings, appropriate language use and engagement in services. The event will be based on a series of short presentations and discussions on key areas of interest, all informed by lived experience and clinical expertise. The workshop content will also be available to ticket holders for up to a month after it has ended.

Date: Tuesday 4th July 2023
Time: 13:30 - 17:00

This workshop will be held virtually. Our standard ticket price will be £55.00.

Buy tickets

View programme
Sadly, no apparent nod to T2s.

Pity.

Edited to add, I didn't notice the T1 in the thread title.

Sadly, no apparent nod to T2s.

Pity.

Edited to add, I didn't notice the T1 in the thread title.
Hi @AndBreathe,

As you mentioned, this Workshop is focused on Type 1 specifically. I would really recommend contacting our wonderful Helpline team for some resources on Type 2 Diabetes and Eating Disorders if that is something that would be useful for you or someone you are supporting.

The phone number and email address are below but if you search "Beat Helplines" you can also find a link to live WebChat with a member of staff.

0808 801 0677
help@beateatingdisorders.org.uk

Hi @AndBreathe,

As you mentioned, this Workshop is focused on Type 1 specifically. I would really recommend contacting our wonderful Helpline team for some resources on Type 2 Diabetes and Eating Disorders if that is something that would be useful for you or someone you are supporting.

The phone number and email address are below but if you search "Beat Helplines" you can also find a link to live WebChat with a member of staff.

0808 801 0677
help@beateatingdisorders.org.uk

Thank you for your concerns. I'm delighted to report I am 30yrs in recovery from a nasty skirmish with anorexia, but in more general terms, disordered eating is out there, for everyone. It seems, in my observation, there is very little out there to support people with T2 with coexisting diabetes and an ED.

Whilst T2s by and large, are less likely to be insulin dependent, they do have challenges, and of course, we should never forget those with 3c and the other small margin (as in per population, not by importance) types.

Are there any plans in train for similarly focused workshops or resources for those with other types of diabetes?

Sorry you experienced that, but great to hear you're in recovery.

You're absolutely right. There is a lot more to be done in those areas and this will be something we look to expand into more support for and workshops focused on.

Thank you for your concerns. I'm delighted to report I am 30yrs in recovery from a nasty skirmish with anorexia, but in more general terms, disordered eating is out there, for everyone. It seems, in my observation, there is very little out there to support people with T2 with coexisting diabetes and an ED.

Whilst T2s by and large, are less likely to be insulin dependent, they do have challenges, and of course, we should never forget those with 3c and the other small margin (as in per population, not by importance) types.

Are there any plans in train for similarly focused workshops or resources for those with other types of diabetes?

My diabetes is absolutely a direct result of my long term depression which I have treated with comfort and emotional eating

One has led to the other and round and round etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back