BD AutoShield™ Duo Pen Needle Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
BD Medical, a segment of BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) BDX -0.90% , a leading global medical technology company, today announced the retail pharmacy launch of BD AutoShield™ Duo, the only pen needle with patented dual front and back-end shields that provides greater convenience and safety before and after injecting. The technology conceals the needle, helping to alleviate pre-injection anxiety while helping to reduce the risk of accidental needle stick for patients who inject insulin or other diabetes drugs.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bd...harmacies-for-people-with-diabetes-2014-08-06

This is a US press release, but these are probably available over here as things tend to get European approval before US. 🙂

Frankly, I don't see the point (pun intended, not sorry) because you can still see the point. I went and Googled some images that show the autoshield before and after use. It has a clear end through which the needle is visible.

I think the main benefit is that you don't risk sticking it in your finger (it's happened to me once or twice and it hurts a lot more than a lancet! 😱 )

Possibly the biggest value is avoiding needle stick injuries to parents, carers, nurses etc when they administer insulin or other subcutaneous medication pen devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back