bbc parlament channel diabetes debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
this evening there was a live debate about diabetes (t2) it was not very clear and it was pointing to preventing diabetes and PRE DIABETE and next week there will be another live debate about tipe 1 but i dont know when and what time

i dont think that every body knew to make a distinction about 1 and 2 and they were keep saying that diabetes is preventable so really for the health mnister i dont think it was very good you could understand that he has not an idea what its really living with diabetes and there was a comment about sweets that i did not like it and he talk about the campaign on the tv advert that it should carry on not mentining that you cannot have t1 trough not exercise i will try to contact JDRF after i come back from holiday on monday

i tried on bbc parlament channel live put diabetes debate on search then the dates when is been featured 7/8 of september and the videa comes up

At the risk of sounding like an MP thanks for highlighting this, the thread prompted me to see if I could find this debate on BBC Parliament's iPlayer channel. It does not appear to be available but for those interested in what was said the full text can be found here in the Hansard report on the parliament website
www.publications.parliament.uk/cmhansrd/cm100908/debtext/100908/diabetesType2Debate

There is reference to the debate next Wednesday on type one diabetes. This is listed as being part of the Westminster Hall Future Business, scheduled for 2.30-4.00pm, details here
/services.parliament.uk/calendar/Commons/WestminsterHall/2010/9/15/events
The fact it is in Westminster Hall means that it is not a debate in the main Commons chamber itself so it is unlikely to appear on the Parliament Channel but as with yesterday's debate the full text will appear in Hansard and hence on the parliament website (unless for some reason it becomes a closed debate, I think unlikely).

In yesterday's debate there was also reference to a debate on Tuesday, this can be found here
www.publications.parliament.uk/cmhansrd/cm100907/debtext/100907/diabetesQuestion
This was a very brief debate during the questions to the Health Minister.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for posting those links Rossoneri! That's very useful!

Katie,

The real time of the meeting was 19:30pm, however the recording started at 11:30am and the total video playing time is 8 hours 30 minutes long.

So, 11:30am to 19:30pm is 8 hours - thats why you need to forward the video in to 7 hours 56 minutes in, ie just watch the last 30 mins of the video 😉

I can't see the 'real' time anywhere on the video using Internet Explorer :(

NiVZ

It says the time in the right hand corner, so I went to 19.30 and that's where it started - seems like a nice easy way of finding it.

Playing it in Media player the time given is hours and minutes from the start point - 00:00 to 08:24 - so NiVz is correct.
Playing it in Silverlight the time given is the real time value - 11:33:43 to 19:58:50 - so katie is correct.
So I am happy to say you are both correct! 😛 We just need Microsoft and/or Parliament to be more consistent in the timings they display.

Anyway the good news is that parliament tv also appears to provide coverage of the Westminster Hall debates so we should also be able to watch next week's diabetes type one discussion, provided we can get the start time correct! 😎

Thanks for pointing that out 🙂

Haven't got Silverlight installed and never seen a site that can do that - ie show the time in two different formats depending on the palyer.

Apologies Katie - seems we were both seeing different versions of the same thing 🙂

NiVZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back