Bayer USB Meter Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurrah! Brilliant review becks

may i take this ooportunity to also plug my review?

Just to pick up on your review: a light on the point of strip insertion
If you click the menu button twice quickly the yellow light comes on/off where you put the test strip.

I would also like to see the ability to delete spurious results!
I have also email Bayer suggesting they produce a test strip pot that is flatter as the round ones make the case too bulky.

took little old me a while to get that working, would have been easier if I'd read the destructions!! And I then tested in a cinema!! Woop woo a first for me :D

Good Review becky,Think i have got something diffrent, all i have is the usb cable and cd , i have being trying to dowlad glucofacts for the last month, sent bayer an email asking why they say it is temp unavailable,?

This is the main reason i chose bayer so i dont have to write down my reading all the time as some times its just not possible to write down all the time?

Ye gods above! A glow in the dark meter that illuminates the place where you put the test strip in? I want one so badly now...

Tom

Good Review becky,Think i have got something diffrent, all i have is the usb cable and cd , i have being trying to dowlad glucofacts for the last month, sent bayer an email asking why they say it is temp unavailable,?

This is the main reason i chose bayer so i dont have to write down my reading all the time as some times its just not possible to write down all the time?

Hi Scotty,

I've managed to download the Glucofacts software from the website before. You have to register first and there are a lot of links to go through, but it is there.

One thing I wasn't expecting is that you need to install Java Runtime in order to get it to work (both the download version and the one included on the meter)

NiVZ

the freestyle lite does that too! oh how i love my little freestyle lite, i think i always will

im so jelous i have the other freestyle meter mine dont light up :(

If it's the Blue USB cable from Bayer then I think thats for the normal Contour meter. It is supposed to install as a virtual serial port. Get the USB contour meter and just plug it in.

We have managed to arrange for Bayer to come to a weekend that we have coming up with the Children with diabetes lot. He is bringing lots of freebies and other stuff to show us. Should be interesting and hopefully will get to see this.

We have managed to arrange for Bayer to come to a weekend that we have coming up with the Children with diabetes lot. He is bringing lots of freebies and other stuff to show us. Should be interesting and hopefully will get to see this.

when/where is this?

May, Cotswolds, can't wait.

Hi Scotty,

I've managed to download the Glucofacts software from the website before. You have to register first and there are a lot of links to go through, but it is there.

One thing I wasn't expecting is that you need to install Java Runtime in order to get it to work (both the download version and the one included on the meter)

NiVZ

Hi nivs yes i registered with them months ago, i did the download did not work, when i emailed bayer they told me glucofacts is not available on the bayer site at the moment, i wish they would hurry up and get there heads together :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back