Bayer meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

teapot8910

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all =D

I've just been on the http://www.bayerdiabetes.co.uk site looking at the different meters and wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

Thank you x

Hiya,

Funny you should post this, Im sat at home reading the manual (sad hey?) for the contour USB which I received 3 or 4 days ago. I have to say I really like it!

You have to pay about ?25 for it, but you get good supplies included and its a nice meter by all accounts so far. Colour screen, a light at the port so you can test in the dark, reminders etc to test again. I think Im going to quite like it.

My meter before this was a contour that had a metronic pump link. It pinged the result by bluetooth straight into the pump so I shall miss that, but this is a good meter too.

Which ones do you like the look of?

I recently bought the USB contour meter and i love it, it's so easy to use and you plug it in to your computer and it comes up with a pie chart as to how well you are controlling your diabetes - my last plug in showed me up as 82% so pleased with that 🙂

I've had the Freestyle Lite since I was diagnosed last year, currently looking at the Contour USB which looks really good. Do you get the strips free on prescription?

x

I use the Contour USB and love it. A very, very good piece of kit that is well thought through and easy to use I find.

Tom

Never one to go against the flow but I have the Contour USB and love it too.
Best ?25 I've spent in a long time considering you get a bunch of stuff with it like pouch, 25 strips, lancet pricky things and a lancet.
EAsy to get results onto PC too
Chris

Thanks guys! Get my Freestyle Lite ones free but wasn't sure xx

You know you want one, Teapot 😉

I would deffo recommend the contour usb!

its slim, stylish and looks more like a mp3 player than a glucose meter and so is fairly discreet! you can plug it into your computer to see your results and trends which is reaaly good too 🙂

Also you can get a pretty skin when u register it online with bayer - mine is purple 🙂

Good luck with whatever u choose x

You know you want one, Teapot 😉

Haha :D definately leaning that way now!

Thanks DG! Does it come with a little case to hold strips etc in?

xx

Haha :D definately leaning that way now!

Thanks DG! Does it come with a little case to hold strips etc in?

xx

No worries 🙂

It does come with a carry case thing but its very boring, just a black case really but when u register it u can be sent another case thats more exiting lol, but i now use a make-up case to carry my meter in its soo much prettier!

I hope you go for it! it really is a useful bit of kit 🙂

Can you pick up the USB meter in shops anywhere or is it only online? I checked in Boots and they said they could order one in for me. Any thoughts?

Ta

I've never seen one in my local pharmacy so my guess would be it's quicker to order online xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back