Batteries (Animas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Have just spoken to a lovely lady at customer services regarding the battery situation.
They have a small supply of batteries which they are being allowed to send out as per normal.
There is a major problem with the new legalisation that has come in. Bottom line of it is that new legalisation will bankrupt firms to send out batteries so discussions are on going to try and resolve the problem.
So Animas and all other firms are just as much in the dark as the customers are.

Thanks for the update Sue. Is this another piece of legislation that simply hasn't been thought through properly? Sounds like it! 🙄

Well I only replace batts when my machines say so, that's approx. twice a year ! I x AA for the pump and 2 x AAA fr the meter. if I had to buy them it would hardly matter.

And yes - I do order some when I'm running low, don't wait till I need em and you get 6 x AA and 12 x AAA at a time so I think I may have ordered them twice - maybe three times? so far. But there again have a sneaky suspish I may have nicked one or two for other purposes (important things only of course, probably my mouse LOL) as the AAA are usually normal alkaline whereas the AA are usually Lithium.

I suggest ordering batteries when ordering cannulas so they can come via courier.

The legalisation includes couriers as well.
Personally I only order supplies every 3 months and do not expect my trust to pay for extra postage for not thinking an order through.
Animas has their distribution centre in Belgium so orders for supplies are taken in the UK and then ordered via computer by the UK staff shipment then arrives 24/36 hours later. It appears they hold a very limited emergency stock in a UK warehouse.

EU or who ever thought up this mad scheme haven't yet realised they will be closing a lot of internet businesses due to this new regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back